Elliptical Solar Orbits Cause Timewarp Under Acceleration to Stop Producing Thrust.

Anth

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel i9 9900K | GPU: Nvidia 3070ti | RAM32GB

Issue:
When the solar orbit has a certain level of being elliptical timewarp under acceleration acts in the following ways:

• At the AP it will work. 
  • At the PE it won't.
  • There is a point between going from the PE to the AP where timewarp under acceleration will start working again but it ranges depending on how elliptical the orbit is.

Steps to Replicate at the PE End:

1. Load SolarOrbitSkipperTestSave.json
  2. Go to 100% Thrust
  3. Engage Timewarp.

Note:
Engines still visibly working but orbit not changing.

Steps to Replicate it Working Correctly at the AP End:

1. Load SolarOrbitSkipperTestSave.json
  2. Move the craft to the AP
  3. Go to 100% Thrust
  4. Engage Timewarp

Note:
Works as intended.

Additional Information:

• I used a skipper for the test to eliminate it being related to low thrust engines.
  • It will still be using the fuel even though there's no change in the orbit.

Credit:
@Turtle6 Showed this happening when in low solar orbit which was different to the following:

Edited by Anth12

• 4 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X | GPU: 4060Ti | RAM32GB

If you activate timewarp in orbit while the engine runs, the thrust do not affect the orbit.
I tested it with Swerv, Nerv and Vector. Sometimes the Nerve worked and sometimes it didn't.

I've noticed this problem since v0.1.3

Similar problem as: Elliptical Solar Orbits Cause Timewarp Under Acceleration to Stop Producing Thrust.

Edited by Anth12

• 4 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.4.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: i7 6700K | GPU: 1080 | RAM16 GB DDR3

Reproduction: Build any craft and fly it outside of Kerbin's sphere of influence. Ideally a close flyby around the sun. Try to thrust while using time warp. Not worky! 

Evidence: i.imgur.com/2QJg5bA.mp4

Included Attachments:

• 1 month later...

Not that this is going to really add to this, Though I was super excited to finally launch a deep space probe with enough dv to make it out of the solar system and this bug stopped the mission dead in its tracks. It was one of the first times I wanted to really throw my PC out the window and rethink all my life decisions.

Edited by DoCDoC
spelling