Mods with linux and proton

I moved my install over to the windows client on proton under linux, previously linux native, because I wanted to use parallax and waterfall without the graphical errors you get from those mods under opengl.

So to start, I just moved everything from my old linux gamedata folder to my new windows gamedata folder (apart from squad and squadexpansion) and I found that almost everything except waterfall and parallax worked. To be clear, I had those both working on linux before moving them.

I double checked and re-did the installation, upgraded the dependencies, downgraded to see if maybe a kopernicus update had broken parallax since parallax's last release. I've tried different builds of proton. I eventually ended up with only parallax and it's dependencies installed and it still doesn't work. I'm getting errors like this for most, if not all assemblies it's trying to load:

[ERR 16:25:27.698] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ModuleManager': System.BadImageFormatException: 
File name: 'Z:\home\zac\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.2.3.dll'
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(string,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom (System.String assemblyFile) [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly.Load () [0x00040] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00064] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

I've been focusing of parallax for now, but I'm pretty sure my waterfall issues are related to modulemanager not loading.

I'll post the full logs if necessary, but there's got to be at least a couple other people who play modded on linux through proton, right? I'm sure I'm just doing something dumb  and one of you will go "oh! yeah, that happened to me, here's the fix" I even had this working myself some time last year and I don't think I did anything special then. I'm at a complete loss here.

Your ModuleManager dll appears to be corrupted, truncated or perhaps without reading permissions.

Install a fresh copy over it and see what happens.

Also see if the owner and permissions matches the ones used on the ksp_x64.exe (IiRC the filename).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.