Separators bug out during flight and becomes the current Vessel [New to 0.1.4.0]

cvusmo

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: SW, BepInEx, Fancy Fuel Tanks, Toggle Notifications, Flight Plan, MNC, Custom Flags, Kesa Solar, UITK for KSP 2, Micro Engineer, Lazy Orbit Boosted, Node Manager, Resonant Orbit Calculator, Community | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: WIN11 | CPU: i9-13900k | GPU: MSI Suprim RTX 4090 | RAM64 GB DDR5 @ 5200 mhz

During flight, if you're using a separator when you activate it, it will successfully separate the two stages. However, the separator debris becomes the active vessel. The only fix I've found is to go into the flight tracker, delete the debris, then select the vessel you want to control.

This occurs with and without mods installed.

How to replicate:

1. Attach a separator to your rocket (any size)
2. Launch
3. Separate the stages by activating with spacebar
4. You're now controlling the separator debris.

It is only separators that are bugging out. The decouplers are working as intended.

Edited by Anth12

Try turning the separator upside down. I know it should not matter, but for me turning it around caused the correct part to be the active vessel.

• 1 month later...

Reported Version: v0.1.4.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Professionnel | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8365U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.90 GHz | GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620 + AMD Radeon 540X | RAM32

When stage decoupling, game stay with (empty) stage et not upper stage (which leaves up)

Edited by Anth12

@JiMKesa Most likely you are using the separators (which do as you describe) which have double arrows on them verses the standard decouplers that have one arrow on them.
Merged here for now.
Please tell me if it is something different though.

On 9/8/2023 at 2:39 AM, cvusmo said:

During flight, if you're using a separator when you activate it, it will successfully separate the two stages. However, the separator debris becomes the active vessel. The only fix I've found is to go into the flight tracker, delete the debris, then select the vessel you want to control.

Can you switch back to the vessel you want to control by double clicking on it?

Because I encountered something similar, but with decouplers not separators and I was able to switch to the second stage after separation with double click. I included a video, could you maybe comment on whether or not the behavior is the same? Then this might be something that is a larger issue not just limited to separators.