[1.12.5] Sterling Systems v0.4.9 [Sep 22, 2024]

JadeOfMaar

On 11/6/2023 at 8:29 AM, Syczek said:

Getting : [ERR 13:15:58.546] Initialization errors on ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='fuelSwitch') on part strl-fuelcell-500 subtype 'Beryllium'
  Could not find matching module and other fuel cell resources. My log https://www.file.io/E1Ly/download/om9gl157zEA8

There is a required download currently named "Sterling Core." Be sure to have that. That's where the Beryllium resource definition is.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

There is a required download currently named "Sterling Core." Be sure to have that. That's where the Beryllium resource definition is.

Yes it is installed and this problem poped up anyways.

My filetree looks like this : https://imgur.com/a/i0M3hnj ( i dunno why 18+ pop is)

\

Edited by Syczek

@Syczek System Heat Converter integration. The recharger module in the fuel cell gets renamed (because it asks for ElectricCharge) but the B9 config isn't keeping up so it throws an error.

While System Heat compatibility is planned and eventually/gradually delivered, I tend to keep that as a low priority.

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Syczek System Heat Converter integration. The recharger module in the fuel cell gets renamed (because it asks for ElectricCharge) but the B9 config isn't keeping up so it throws an error.

While System Heat compatibility is planned and eventually/gradually delivered, I tend to keep that as a low priority.

Allrighty i will keep using it as it is,it's great alternative to KSPI-E,thanks for looking into it

Release 0.3.0

Additions

• Added FusionPellets production to large ICF engine.
  • Added Kerbalism configs. (Sun and Shadow shields can hold "Shielding" resource.)
  • Added System Heat and Kerbalism System Heat configs for all radiators.
  • Added System Heat configs for all current engines.
  • Added Sun and Shadow shields.
    • With detailed, fully localized tooltips and upgrades.
    • Shadow shields contribute to System Heat loop volume.

Changes

• Changes to metal fuel cells:
    • Fully localized tooltips.
    • Added Recharger information to tooltips, including precise System Heat information.
    • Restored some ThermalPower output.
  • Changes to wrapper PVs:
    • Fully localized tooltips.
    • Updated upgrades information.
  • Added cost of EnrU to engines that hold it.
  • Changed SULEU engines to surface attach from their top, not their side.
  • Reduced amounts of EnrU held by GCNTRs.
  • Updated balancing and tankage on fissile salt and fissile pebbles. Reactors should now hold 10 kerbal years worth of fuel by default and cost a lot more because the fuel is now more expensive.

NCjmImk.png

Just fixed a patch and a big issue in Sterling Electric 0.3.0. Please re-download. It should be good now.

Sterling Thermal 0.3.0 had a small issue as well. The B9 module targeting was off for the Kerbalism Shielding resource patch for the Sun and Shadow Shields.

Just downloaded the latest version, and this error appeared when loading KSP:

Spoiler

Loading has failed due to an unhandled error

Failure in subsystem : Part compilation
Part: Sterling IPE-NV "SULEU" 0.625m (SterlingSystems/Engines/IPV/EngineSULEU-S0/strl-eng-062-suleu)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SystemHeat.ModuleSystemHeatFissionEngine.GetInfo () [0x000c0] in <2e62a3a58b7b49e4b572caf6a58e7a44>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (AvailablePart newPartInfo, Part part) [0x0024e] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(PartLoader/<CompileParts>d__56)
  at KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.KSPCFFastLoader+<FrameUnlockedCoroutine>d__62.MoveNext () [0x0006c] in <84a4e11594ad4c4cb519f08a8e322246>:0 

Release 0.3.1

Fixes

• Fixed the System Heat Fission Engines module problem: Ensured that affected engines always hold the requested nuclear resource.
  • Updated localization (fixes an issue in the B9PS patch for the fuel cells).

Note

• No changes to Sterling Thermal. No need to re-download it.

Loading has failed due to an unhandled error

Failure in subsystem : Part compilation
Part: Sterling IPE-NV "SULEU" 0.625m (SterlingSystems/Engines/IPV/EngineSULEU-S0/strl-eng-062-suleu)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SystemHeat.ModuleSystemHeatFissionEngine.GetInfo () [0x000c0] in <2e62a3a58b7b49e4b572caf6a58e7a44>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (AvailablePart newPartInfo, Part part) [0x0024e] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(PartLoader/<CompileParts>d__56)
  at KSPCommunityFixes.Performance.KSPCFFastLoader+<FrameUnlockedCoroutine>d__62.MoveNext () [0x0006c] in <743cea563def48d8bc2b326519d38e29>:0 

even after a clean engines zip reinstall (and the entire mod reinstall) it still breaks and i don't know how to fix that :(

Release 0.3.5

Changes

• Moved Batteries to their own folder and away from FuelCells.
  • Set Sun shield's System Heat loop temperature to 700 K, respecting its high heat tolerance as an armor but staying near to low temp radiator territory.

Fixes

• Fixed/Revised Upgrade parts. They show up in the tech tree now.
  • Updated the balancing of all electrics.
  • Updated the balancing of all thermals to hopefully fit Nertea's balance scheme.
  • Updated tech progression.

image.png?ex=65667046&is=6553fb46&hm=7a8

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

@Syczek  Sorry. I've been informed that engineering-wise, it's not viable to tap anything other than a heat engine for WasteHeat. And by definition, WasteHeat is low grade heat that can't do much. I don't play KSPIE so I lack experience with the resource. On the other hand, I have plans for a series of solar thermal panels (which produce ThermalPower, not ElectricCharge) so when those come and if your ship is close enough to a star to get meaningful exposure with them, you can have your "super powerful ship."

11 hours ago, Manul said:

This is where sterling systems turn into stirling systems.

;) Always has been.

4 hours ago, Ariel Kerman said:

What i liked

That past tense scares me. :D I haven't drifted from this, have I?

4 hours ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Kudos to your work Jade! :prograde:

Thanks!

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That past tense scares me. :D I haven't drifted from this, have I?

Sometimes is not grammar, but how you speak your native language, which in my case is spanish. I thought the sentence in spanish, then write it in english, and then is how the syntax error occurred  :P

Edited by Ariel Kerman