ReStock Nuclear Engines Waterfall Configs

EnderiumSmith

eNHFPch.png

You have probably noticed that the waterfall configs for nuclear engines are broken. This configs gives them working plumes using the template provided by stock waterfall, specifically an older version of it. I have found this template used in the recycled parts mod for the kandl engine.

Note that kerbal atomics also changes the plumes to its own which arent broken but merely ugly as well as add a LF mode switch which makes this incompatible with it. I do plan to bundle a fix for those too but i want include FFT in that fix and i would like to find a better plume for gas core rockets. 

Download via GDrive

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2023 at 10:16 AM, EnderiumSmith said:

I do plan to bundle a fix for those too but i want include FFT in that fix and i would like to find a better plume for gas core rockets. 

Any progress? I am eager to see the results. Now that I've started using your configs, I don't like using the LF mode on the Restock+ NTR anymore..

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 8:37 PM, EnderiumSmith said:

i didnt work on ksp stuff in a while. by LF mode you mean Ox afterburner? That doesnt look so bad.

I meant just the straight LF mode.  I was also specifically referring to the Restock+ NTR, which I now realize isn't necessarily what this patch was for. You would also have to have the Kerbal Atomics extras folder installed giving the Restock+ NTR the multi engine mode to use just LF or LH. As far as I know, you need two separate Water Fall configs, one for each fuel type. Essentially the same thing for the Squad NTR. I'm not sure which WF mod I have that gives me two distinct WF cofigs for the respective LF and LH modes for the LV-N.

Cheers,

Edited by Stratickus

1 hour ago, Stratickus said:

I meant just the straight LF mode.  I was also specifically referring to the Restock+ NTR, which I now realize isn't necessarily what this patch was for. You would also have to have the Kerbal Atomics extras folder installed giving the Restock+ NTR the multi engine mode to use just LF or LH. As far as I know, you need two separate Water Fall configs, one for each fuel type. Essentially the same thing for the Squad NTR. I'm not sure which WF mod I have that gives me two distinct WF cofigs for the respective LF and LH modes for the LV-N.

Cheers,

It works with the Cherenkov. I made this for just restock since it doesnt have a working waterfall config by itself. i dont know what happens with kerbal atomics installed. In my game i made the LF mode use water instead and the LF plume looks quite steamy already

2 hours ago, EnderiumSmith said:

It works with the Cherenkov. I made this for just restock since it doesnt have a working waterfall config by itself. i dont know what happens with kerbal atomics installed. In my game i made the LF mode use water instead and the LF plume looks quite steamy already

Makes sense. With the KA extras folder, the default engine mode is LH; which uses your config. When I switch to LF mode it reverts back to the stock (non WF) engine plume that comes with Restock+.

2 hours ago, Stratickus said:

Makes sense. With the KA extras folder, the default engine mode is LH; which uses your config. When I switch to LF mode it reverts back to the stock (non WF) engine plume that comes with Restock+.

weird. id assume it switches to the KA plume. like every every waterfall config deletes the stock one so how is it still around. Also the default for me is LF when i place a new engine. What happens if you delete the patch that makes it a multimode engine(and the dynamic LH mode so it stays LF only)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.