Suggestion: Electrical Calculator App

Problem:

I don’t know how much EC (Electrical Charge) my craft uses, produces, and stores. Figuring it out requires math (long math!), which I wouldn’t like to do! Plus, this problem gets even worse for more distant planets, where I must use MORE math to figure out the EC production, because Kerbol’s intensity decreases by distance!

My Idea:

My idea is to create an app that tells players how much EC their craft uses, produces, and stores. It could feature a system where players type the distance from the star, and the game does the math behind the scenes and uses that to change the EC production.

Benefits:

This system would help me a ton with designing crafts, as I can know the exact EC needs of it. This would save players from doing a lot of math and help them make even better crafts, as they don’t run out of EC halfway through the mission (speaking from experience here!).

I hope you like this!

TechieV

On 10/11/2023 at 10:34 AM, TechieV said:

Problem:

I don’t know how much EC (Electrical Charge) my craft uses, produces, and stores. Figuring it out requires math (long math!), which I wouldn’t like to do! Plus, this problem gets even worse for more distant planets, where I must use MORE math to figure out the EC production, because Kerbol’s intensity decreases by distance!

My Idea:

My idea is to create an app that tells players how much EC their craft uses, produces, and stores. It could feature a system where players type the distance from the star, and the game does the math behind the scenes and uses that to change the EC production.

Benefits:

This system would help me a ton with designing crafts, as I can know the exact EC needs of it. This would save players from doing a lot of math and help them make even better crafts, as they don’t run out of EC halfway through the mission (speaking from experience here!).

I hope you like this!

TechieV

Sounds neat! I love the idea!

• 3 weeks later...

Even just a graph line showing  production at distance from Kerbol for the panels in the Parts Manager would help, but I'd MUCH rather see your calculator suggestion take place.

Had a few times in KSP1 where I didn't do enough math and had a craft that became bothersome to recharge out in the hinterlands.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.