C7 SpacePlane Exchange

C7Studios

Try doing a Kulbit cause it looks like the X-31 could do it.

HERE are the craft files for the X-29 and both versions of the X-31. Once again, you need Nova Punch, all C7\'s parts and Slug\'s radial parachute.

It\'s easier to do this, than it is to do the Herbst. The aircraft will even perform a Kulbit on its own if you simply snap back and engage SAS. I can\'t reproduce this with photos though, it looks more like a Cobra in the smoke trail than a tight loop.

Edit: I just tinkered with the design a bit to make it more realistic. Now the wings sit at the bottom of the airframe. This makes this beast more unstable, but it will do entire series of Kulbit maneuvers on its own, and now Herbst are incredibly difficult as the aircraft is more unbalanced now and likes to pull up.

UXCpk.jpg

XZqtu.jpg

Edit 2: With the removal of some ballast, now I can easily decide between letting SAS automatically pull me through a Herbst, or a Kulbit by simply toggling precision control on or off.

Wow, my shuttle nosecone parts look pretty decent on there.

Unexpected!

Yeah, this is an aerospace vessel, and your parts doing great job (Especially RCS nosecone! It\'s awesome!)

Thanks for those parts :3

PS: Love those red launching... things.

PPS: Do the RCS unit for rear side of spaceplane (mk1;2;3), please!

Thanks to a few tutorials, I can now build some competent planes!

Here is my most thought-out and balanced one so far from the Furiengineering® line

The Furiengineering 2T-1B

(2 Turnin, 1 Burnin\')

It\'s built for speed, capable of stable flight at over 200 m/s (that\'s fast). As it shows in the name, it has 2 top-mounted turbine engines (I wish) and one main rocket engine at the end of the hull. Flies great at full throttle and everything below. Go easy on the controls if you\'re not flying it full throttle.

This thing is great. It\'s agile, flies straight fairly easily, etc.

The only 2 things you should keep in mind: To launch it, you have to hold Shift, Space, and S at least until you clear the tower. Else, you\'ll crash into the tower and DIE. >:(

And, land it very easily. It has a MINOR tendency to split in half if you land it bad.

And never hit Space after you launch. That will cause big boom. 8)

Craft file: (Scroll down to the text that says 'Click here to download your file', don\'t click the big fancy download buttons)

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=747271&dv=1

Here\'s a few shots of it on my mission to Madikaskar.

086CE51A6C7D6E3855A494D692EBD07CBE61B3E1

448B8688CAAD0E6C764A83482953902A746BFD06

408CB5F7F94F6D51AC19891DB2994D6E528D53EF

Enjoy ;)

DO LIKE.

Even though it\'s actually former DSI headquarters you flew to.

Anyways, due to some derping around with C7 parts, I bring you...

The Diablo III interceptor (Prototype stages currently, not armed yet), AKA CravTech Experimental-07.

Somehow goes up to 1000 MPS in the lower atmosphere somehow, with the normal C7 engines, unedited, and loves to act as if there\'s a lower, more powerful half. Is quite maneuverable, surprisingly. It\'s launched from a base made of 2 decouplers and 2 construction fuselages, and lifted up by those two liquid fuel boosters to the sides. Made using C7, C7 Experimental, and JellyCubes\' C7-Ish pieces.

CTX-07V2.png

NOTE: I\'m now considering putting two extra engines on to replace those two maneuverability wings.

Guest Flixxbeatz

How did you get that thing landed again without breaking anything/everything? Or did you... no you can\'t have... drive it down that slope?

Me? Powerful RCS Blocks.

Well it\'s supposed to be a replica of Thrust SSC. I can make it land vertically to convert it to a car. Too bad it can\'t go past 10 m/s without dismantling itself.

I have created something I believe will blow your minds.

Introducing the Broadwing, a super-maneuverable, super-speedy and super-acrobatic aeroplane.

GlLe5.jpg

This wonder of modern engineering can achieve speeds of up to 216 m/s under 500 meters, with as-yet untested capabilities higher up.

jpeZ9.jpg

The glide capability is sublime; no need for RCS thrusters or fuel when merely by gliding one can achieve a STOL on a mountainside. It is quite possible to land the plane at 20 m/s or even slower, and thus on nearly any surface. The landing gear is also sturdy enough to withstand a 55 m/s landing on level ground.

The single downside to the plane is that the engine has a tendency to blow up upon landing. The cockpit, and thus the crew, is a universal survivor; no matter what happens to the plane, the crew remain alive. This makes it an excellent choice for anyone without a Kerbal cloning machine handy.

Rough Landing:

LKEjK.jpg

gOSzb.jpg

Z0Ugm.jpg

These ordinarily impossible landings become quite feasible when the Broadwing is applied to the problem.

Control of the plane is amazing; it is quite easy to buzz every aspect of the KSC several times with unpowered flight after achieving an altitude of but 200 meters (technically 145m above the launchpad).

These shots are typical and in no way represent any particular effort on my part. The plane literally flies itself.

vEQJt.jpg

XTfbd.jpg

These were also taken on the same flight.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I have created something I believe will blow your minds.

Introducing the Broadwing, a super-maneuverable, super-speedy and super-acrobatic aeroplane.

This wonder of modern engineering can achieve speeds of up to 216 m/s under 500 meters, with as-yet untested capabilities higher up.

The glide capability is sublime; no need for RCS thrusters or fuel when merely by gliding one can achieve a STOL on a mountainside. It is quite possible to land the plane at 20 m/s or even slower, and thus on nearly any surface. The landing gear is also sturdy enough to withstand a 55 m/s landing on level ground.

The single downside to the plane is that the engine has a tendency to blow up upon landing.

Control of the plane is amazing; it is quite easy to buzz every aspect of the KSC several times with unpowered flight after achieving an altitude of but 200 meters (technically 145m above the launchpad).

I call hacks.

As promised, the .craft

Tested it out a bit higher up. Service ceiling seems to be about 8,000 meters; max speed of 335 m/s at 5,000 meters.

Had a smooth landing today at 80 m/s with the engine intact. -> Success_Kid.jpg

Also, have another picture demonstrating the insane agility of my Broadwing :)

5hT3J.jpg

Guest GroundHOG-2010

'Control of the plane is amazing; it is quite easy to buzz every aspect of the KSC several times with unpowered flight after achieving an altitude of but 200 meters'

Its not that you have hacked it or cheated, your just exploting the infinite fly hack. I don\'t do that. that why I call hacks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.