glitches in demo...hope they aren't continued...

Set271

Love it, really see myself spending hours with this...just a couple of issues i'd like discussed before I buy...

In the vehicle assembly building when building large(tall) rockets I wonder if in the full version is it easier to scroll the right side of the screen where you manipulate what goes in what stage. And it could use an undo button or at least a revert action when you pick up the wrong piece with the mouse and maybe hit esc to put it back? With multiple stages and rocket units and structural members and multiple levels of symmetry it can get pretty hairy if the wrong piece is picked up and it won't go back the way it was.

Other than that it looks great and is enjoyable to play...really play isn't a strong enough word for one of the best demonstrators of orbital mechanics out there.

Hi Set271, welcome to the community :)

The demo is not likely to ever see any more updates unfortunately, so we are stuck with the features that are there, though the scroll wheel should still scroll the stage list in the VAB, and Alt+Z* should still work.

The alpha is worth it mate, honest :)

Brain derp, it's Control+Z, thanks EndlessWaves.

Edited by sal_vager

Control+Z, the standard shortcut for undo does work in KSP, both the current version and the demo, but requires you to put a piece down before it'll function to restore it.

Like Sal I've not had any trouble scrolling the staging list, what problem are you having exactly?

Bear in mind the game still is in Alpha at this point so bugs and unfinished mechanics should be expected until the game formally releases. It is a lot more polished than the average alpha and lots of fun right now but if you want the best game experience possible first time then you may want to wait for release - you can buy it now for a reduced price if you think Squad can deliver that or wait and see what happens.

The demo really could do with an update at some point, at least graphically. It looks so ugly compared with the game as it is now, it's probably put a good number people off who would buy the game otherwise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.