Moving The Camera In Blueprint Mode When F2 Is Enabled Breaks The Background

FluffyHood

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 11 pro | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core Processor 3.40 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 | RAM16 GB

Description: Trying to move the camera in blueprint mode in F2 mode will result in free camera movement breaking the background.

Workaround: click the blueprint mode button to reset the camera, then click it again to leave blueprint mode

Image:

Spoiler

image.png?ex=655a050f&is=6547900f&hm=316

Edited by The Space Peacock
made title more clear, added workaround

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 Super | RAM16 GB

Basically, you get a different isometric orientation of the craft you are building if you turn off UI/UX while in the VAB, and in the isometric mode, then rotate your camera. This will always happen, craft or not, so it definitely doesn't seem to be part dependent.

I personally think it could be used to take good screenshots of crafts, so instead of removing this ability fully, something similar to what it does would be nice, i.e just make the background blue and let the user rotate their camera however they want in a more intuitive way, or get rid of the background and just have kerbin could be nice.gZ7DBeC.jpg

vaff6lP.jpg

Something like those (except in the blueprint one, get rid of the lines, idk) could be really nice for screenshots I think, so just entirely fixing the bug may not be the way to go imo, but eventually something similar to this would be nice.

Included Attachments:

betterbugreport.mp4

craft.txt

Blender and Cura let you position the camera arbitrarily when in ortho mode and I assume the same goes for most other CAD software so I have no idea why the default behaviour here is to snap you out of ortho mode if you face away from one of the cardinal directions. Please don't fix.

Edited by Bej Kerman

On 12/7/2023 at 12:42 PM, Spicat said:

@Hoovy, merged your bug report.

Sorry I tried looking to see if this bug report already existed but couldn't find anything on it, but its probably because of what people call the mode, and saying different things

On 12/7/2023 at 1:07 PM, Bej Kerman said:

Blender and Cura let you position the camera arbitrarily when in ortho mode and I assume the same goes for most other CAD software so I have no idea why the default behaviour here is to snap you out of ortho mode if you face away from one of the cardinal directions. Please don't fix.

I don't think it should be fixed in the standard sense, but something similar would definitely be appreciated, while making it easier to get in and out of