When loading save with 2 Vessels from same Vessel-Save-File docked, fuel lines will connect to duplicate tank on original vessel

bigorangemachine

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700, 2100 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s) | GPU: Name NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 | RAM32GB

Specs: Image Here (provided in form from but submittal)

Severity: Medium

Bit of a nuisance to have an unpredictable load behavior

Frequency: High

When docking it was fine but once you load the save game and load it will attach fuel lines incorrectly

Description:  I launched two vessels from the same save file.  Once docked everything was fine.  I saved the game then reloaded and when loaded one of the vessels fuel lines will connect to the other but not vice-versa.  Only one vessels fuel lines go rogue.

A quick peak into the save file vessel JSON and it looks like to me the GUIDs are duplicate.  So it must be attaching to the first tank of that GUID it finds.

Included Attachments:

ksp-bug-docking.jpg.8f94526c0c38da635decd5f8d89645b8.jpg

Dragoon.json

Save2023-11-05.json

Edited by The Space Peacock

On 11/5/2023 at 4:44 PM, The Space Peacock said:

are you 100% certain everything was fine when you launched the second vessel? there is a known bug where struts/fuel lines will not be connected when launching the same vessel twice in one save. this might be a result of that

I had tested each iteration of the features of the capsule. Everything working as expected. I am 100% sure.

Regardless... the issue was when I loaded not when I docked.