Pitch Black Ocean at Night on Kerbin when your Camera is underwater

PicoSpace

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Professional | CPU: 5800X | GPU: Zotec 3070 with improved fans. | RAM64GB CL14

So if you splash down and your camera is pointing "up" you see nothing but blackness, same issue if your ship is underwater, you can't see anything.

Included Attachments:

20231219181155_1.jpg.5402664791d0f7e790feb95a2d17d5a0.jpg

Edited by The Space Peacock

• 3 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 | RAM128 GB DDR5-6000

What is the problem:
Light shines down into the water and reflects off ship parts submerged and comes back out as seen by the normal camera. But when you submerge the camera, everything goes almost 100% black. You can't see anything.

To make my point, with the camera above water, you can see the part of the ship that is submerged in my photo's. I have the U-Dunk-It underwater science lab in this one with some extra stuff beneath it. I was building and testing a sea landing craft for Eve. Now using the down arrow key, I lower the camera just a bit and you can see how the water level obliterates the lighting.

What is expected:
If I can see what is in the water from above, I should be able to see what is above the water from below, especially those lights at night.

Included Attachments:

WaterLightingbugevidence.zip