Vessel Falls Through Surface after Landing in Ocean

PicoSpace

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Professional | CPU: 5800X | GPU: Zotec 3070 with improved fans. | RAM64GB CL14

Pretty sure I'm not suppose to go underground in Kerbin, this was a landing where apparently the craft just didn't stop.

Pretty Basic Staypuntink Probe

I can't recover nor do anything with the craft, so maybe it exploded and its "spirit" dropped to the center of the planet or something?

Included Attachments:

20231219233933_1.jpg.021be498716277f5459901b5fa7d2ca5.jpg

Edited by The Space Peacock

Happened to me once in my very short play (3 launches or so). It felt like kerbin didn't load at all, everything was incredibly "fuzzy" as if seen from high orbit, and "splashed" without splashing and kept going down.

Reloading the save from the re-entry burn saved (I didn't physics-time-warp this second time).

14 hours ago, PicoSpace said:

Flight view, powered return landing of a probe into the ocean as I had no parachute, hit the water pretty hard but survived and just kept going down.

could it be your craft just sunk to the bottom? i have no idea if kerbins oceans are even that deep but that could be whats happening here

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | RAM31,93 GB

Severity: med

Frequency: low (happend just once, so far)

Description: The capsule clipped through Kerbin surface without being destroyed. It just kept falling. Was the standard initial capsule, according size parachute plus science jr and a heat shield below it. After clipping through the surface, the vehicle kept falling indefinitley. Had to reset the mission. Retrieving the vehicle was not possible, cause it was still in motion.

After some testing, even though I wasn't able to reproduce it, it seems the quite heavy vehicle for the chute size combinded with entering the ocean surface at fast-forward, can lead to this. At higher fast-forward speeds, the vehicle pentrates the ocean deeper. Maybe this can lead to the vehicle going on indfinitley into the planet.

Included Attachments: