Some Experiments Produce Description "Generic Default Text for Data"

gfdgfherytrey

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel Core i5 8th Gen | GPU: AMD 5700 XT | RAM16.0 GB

During a flight to complete one of my objectives, I ran the Radiation survey in Kerbins Atmosphere and the description of the results read Generic Default text for Data.
Running Radiation experiment in LKO also produces no description of the experiment.

Space Peacock note:  List of all reported experiments that currently have the 'generic default text for data':

• Radiation Measurement, Kerbin Atmosphere
  • Radiation Measurement, Kerbin Low Orbit
  • Radiation Measurement, Pol Low Orbit
  • Radiation Measurement, Duna High Orbit

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram212_20_20232_17_41PM.png.8d17c66e13da3fa43f9e9d8d076e8240.pngKerbalSpaceProgram212_20_20232_23_31PM.png.029c4ca9969c9156f150950aa3eef863.png

Edited by The Space Peacock

10 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 | RAM128 GB DDR5-6000

The description text for a radiation measurement around Pol Low Orbit has not been set.

Included Attachments:

I found these across many of the radiation scans in various places. A search in your code for any use of this default text should reveal what still needs to be filled out.

OS: Win 11 23H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT | GPU: nVidia GeForce 3900 | RAM32GB

It looks like someone overlooked the text for the high orbit radiation survey for Duna.  I can only speculat ethat that's because on most players' first trips out there, they won't have it unlocked yet.

In any case, as you will see in the screenshot. The text is a placeholder.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win11 | CPU: i9-12900H | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3050 Ti 4GB | RAM16GB

When completing an experiment that is of 'SampleType' that only contains a SampleType default flavor description for the science report - the DataType default flavor is shown with the completed science report and not the SampleType default flavor description as expected. If there is no DataType default flavor text then no text is shown at all in the completed science report.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home | CPU: i7 4790 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 | RAM16 GB

The Kerbin Low Orbit radiation experiment still has the "generic default text" label as description.

Not sure if intentional or an actual bug, given the humor in such descriptions sometimes.

Included Attachments: