Munar Lander with LT-5 "Bandicoot" hovers significantly above terrain, oscillating

WhereAreTheBathrooms

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 | RAM32768MB

Severity: Medium. EXTREMELY distracting and immersion-breaking. Ruined my first munar landing experience, which should have been celebratory.

Frequency: Medium. My friend landed with the LT-1 "Wallaroo" landing legs and did not encounter this problem. It seems to be very consistent with the LT-5s, it happened for me four times in a row (quickloading).

Description: I used LT-5 landing legs on my Munar lander and successfully landed (after having to quickload to fix another bug, where my Communotron 16s and LT-5s would not deploy. this bug is already on the forum however). What should have been an exciting and momentous occasion was instead a rather muted, disappointing affair when my lander stopped descending about half a metre above the terrain, and appeared to simply float there, shaking and oscillating for unknown reasons. My immersion was broken and I felt a little cheated out of the grandeur of a Mun landing, if I'm honest :( It definitely seems to be a problem with the landing legs themselves, as my craft's engines touched the surface perfectly fine when I retracted the legs. Upon extending them again, the issue appeared once more.

Included Attachments:

MunaI.json

Edited by The Space Peacock

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

Please merge to the report with the same name

I landed probe with small legs on Mun surface and its legs "hover" above surface. I also landed the same probe on Minmus and had the same problem. I attached craft file, screenshots for Minmus case and save file for Mun

Included Attachments:

MunLand1.json

SmallLegsCollisions.json

• 2 weeks later...

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Prozessor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3800 MHz, 12 Kern(e), 24 logische(r) Prozessor(en) | GPU: Nvidea GFForce 2080 Super | RAM32GB

Lander Capsule shakes and Sometimes Flips after Landing, without reason.

Specs:

Spoiler

Betriebsystemname    Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version    10.0.22631 Build 22631
Weitere Betriebsystembeschreibung     Nicht verfügbar
Betriebsystemhersteller    Microsoft Corporation
Systemname    PC2023_2
Systemhersteller    Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Systemmodell    MS-7C35
Systemtyp    x64-basierter PC
System-SKU    To be filled by O.E.M.
Prozessor    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor, 3800 MHz, 12 Kern(e), 24 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Datum    American Megatrends Inc. A.30, 16.01.2020
SMBIOS-Version    2.8
Version des eingebetteten Controllers    255.255
BIOS-Modus    UEFI
BaseBoard-Hersteller    Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard-Produkt    MEG X570 UNIFY (MS-7C35)
BaseBoard-Version    2.0
Plattformrolle    Desktop
Sicherer Startzustand    Aus
PCR7-Konfiguration    Erweiterung zum Anzeigen erforderlich
Windows-Verzeichnis    C:\Windows
Systemverzeichnis    C:\Windows\system32
Startgerät    \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Gebietsschema    Deutschland
Hardwareabstraktionsebene    Version = "10.0.22621.2506"
Benutzername    
Zeitzone    Mitteleuropäische Zeit
Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM)    32,0 GB
Gesamter physischer Speicher    32,0 GB
Verfügbarer physischer Speicher    18,7 GB
Gesamter virtueller Speicher    34,2 GB
Verfügbarer virtueller Speicher    5,70 GB
Größe der Auslagerungsdatei    2,25 GB
Auslagerungsdatei    C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel-DMA-Schutz    Aus
Virtualisierungsbasierte Sicherheit    Wird ausgeführt...
Virtualisierungsbasierte Sicherheit – erforderliche Sicherheitseigenschaften    
Virtualisierungsbasierte Sicherheit – verfügbare Sicherheitseigenschaften    Allgemeine Virtualisierungsunterstützung, DMA-Schutz, UEFI-Code Readonly, SMM Security Mitigations 1.0, Modusbasierte Ausführungssteuerung
Virtualisierungsbasierte Sicherheit – konfigurierte Dienste    Durch Hypervisor erzwungene Codeintegrität
Virtualisierungsbasierte Sicherheit – ausgeführte Dienste    Durch Hypervisor erzwungene Codeintegrität
Windows Defender-Anwendungssteuerungsrichtlinie    Erzwungen
Windows Defender-Anwendungssteuerungs-Richtlinie für den Benutzermodus    Aus
Unterstützung der Geräteverschlüsselung    Erweiterung zum Anzeigen erforderlich
Es wurde ein Hypervisor erkannt. Features, die für Hyper-V erforderlich sind, werden nicht angezeigt.  

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22024-01-0113-02-53.mp4

AutomatischesSpeichernESA12_30_202318_09.json

bugreport.json

Edited by The Space Peacock

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7-7820X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600, 8GB | RAM32 GB

Landing legs in 0.2.0 don't seem to be working quite right. I discovered this after landing on the Mun with the tiny landing legs on a probe, and when deployed the feet of the legs hovered above the ground no matter what I tried to do.

Tiny landing legs: After being deployed, the feet sit visibly hovering above the ground.

Small landing legs: When pre-deployed from the VAB, the feet of the small landing legs are at an angle. This is fixed when you retract them and re-deploy.

Medium landing legs: When pre-deployed from the VAB, the feet are also at a weird angle. This is fixed when you retract and re-deploy.

Large landing legs: When pre-deployed from the VAB, everything seems ok. After retracting and re-deploying, the legs along with the entire craft bounce off the ground after the deployment is finished.

In addition, all the landing legs seem to have an unnatural looking glitch/stutter moment at the end of deployment/beginning of retraction. All of this is very repeatable. Just put landing legs onto any kind of structure, launch the "vehicle" and test out for yourself.

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram2_TinyLandingLegIssue.mp4