Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Exploring the possibilities of mining underwater Kethane, so far results are showing that it would be costly without hack gravity.

Descend rate with Hack Gravity at full throttle = 16.4 m/s

Ascent rate with Hack Gravity at 0 throttle = 0 m/s

Descend rate without Hack Gravity at full throttle = 0.6 m/s

Ascent rate without Hack Gravity at 0 throttle = 16.1 m/s

Will only use it when all the land Kethane runs out xD

AzMbVwo.png

BOsasqQ.png

Edited by Jetenginestar

Hi all.

It is my first time when i use this mod, and i have a problem whit grid overlay(disappears).

For example: I start new game, go to Tracking Station - grid on its place. But when go back and enter TS again - no overlay, switch on\off button wont help. I can see overlay just in main menu and one time in every new game.

KSP 0.25 Kethane 0.9.2 (tryed 0.9 but it have same bug for me).

What can it be? Thanks.

So... Maybe I'm missing something, but how exactly do the Kethane bypass jets work? Because it seems like they just automatically flame out at 15KM on Kerbin no matter how fast you're actually going at the time, dropping instantly from 2.00 KIntakeAir to 0. No idea how they perform on Duna, Laythe, or Eve yet, but I suspect that similar shenanigans will be afoot.

EDIT: Major shenanigans, as it transpires! The Zero-Bypass Turbine can only get up to 450m/s or so no matter what the atmosphere using FAR, it would seem. To the point that you get the nonsensical case of the intake getting less air as you travel faster at level altitude! I also discovered, testing them on Eve, that if the engine flames out, it never comes back online. Ever. I was 3 atmospheres deep on the fall back to the surface of Eve and the KIntakeAir remained at 0 despite this. I don't know how much of this is FAR and Kethane not getting along and how much it is the ZBT having major issues, but I suspect there's a mix of both going on here.

EDIT 2: So I read some of the back-posts in the topic and discovered that this is how the ZBT is "supposed" to work because of balance issues, and that Majir is open to suggestions for other ways to balance out the Kethane jet engine. I have a suggestion: just make it burn exponentially more Kethane the thinner the atmosphere gets to make up for the ever-decreasing atmospheric pressure. In fact, you could make it a full-on Kethane-burning engine this way by having it be able to even fly in a vacuum, but giving it an ISP in-vacuum that's undesirable (say the equivalent of a 200 ISP engine that uses LFO?). The ISP would be considerably better the thicker the atmosphere is. That would not only make it a much better choice for a low-atmosphere engine, but it would give you a means of getting to space on Kethane alone (albeit a far-from-ideal one).

Edited by SkyRender

Hey, I've just started using mods after about a year's worth of stock. I'd like to try kethane but I can't find anywhere that states if it is functional within career mode. Does kethane work with. 25 career?

Thanks!

Hey, I've just started using mods after about a year's worth of stock. I'd like to try kethane but I can't find anywhere that states if it is functional within career mode. Does kethane work with. 25 career?

Thanks!

It does work just fine. The only real point of note is that the pricing schemes are generally not adjusted to match other parts, particularly not for research cost (if you enable that feature, of course). Apparently there's a way to get Fine Print to even generate Kethane-related contracts for you, but I'm unclear on how.

Majiir,

I've used the Search Thread function to look for that bug report, but found nothing recent.

We have a discussion on the SCANsat official thread, reporting that we're unable to scan Kethane using the SCANsat mod.

As you can see on the link above, according to Dmagic's answer, the problem seems to be coming from the newest GeodesicGrid.dll. "(...) there is just something weird happening with the Geodesic Grid assembly that prevents SCANsat from accessing some of the methods it needs."

That said, I'd like to ask you if would it be possible to verify that .dll file and hopefully fix that bug, if it's confirmed, for your next update? :)

Thanks a bunch!

Hey I am having an issue converting kethane to liquid fuel/oxy for some reason it only fills the LF/OXY tanks to half way even though I have more kethane to process any idea on why this is? thanks in advance.

Edit now it only fills the tanks to 1/4

And here is a picture of the Resolve Lander just in case it helps.

Update I figured out that apparently it can put fuel into the service module then i have to transfer it to lower tanks not sure why but hey, whatever works.

KSP_x642014-10-2607-46-46-77_zps0671f02a.png

Edited by TrevorMcNeill

So... Maybe I'm missing something, but how exactly do the Kethane bypass jets work? Because it seems like they just automatically flame out at 15KM on Kerbin no matter how fast you're actually going at the time, dropping instantly from 2.00 KIntakeAir to 0. No idea how they perform on Duna, Laythe, or Eve yet, but I suspect that similar shenanigans will be afoot.

EDIT: Major shenanigans, as it transpires! The Zero-Bypass Turbine can only get up to 450m/s or so no matter what the atmosphere using FAR, it would seem. To the point that you get the nonsensical case of the intake getting less air as you travel faster at level altitude! I also discovered, testing them on Eve, that if the engine flames out, it never comes back online. Ever. I was 3 atmospheres deep on the fall back to the surface of Eve and the KIntakeAir remained at 0 despite this. I don't know how much of this is FAR and Kethane not getting along and how much it is the ZBT having major issues, but I suspect there's a mix of both going on here.

EDIT 2: So I read some of the back-posts in the topic and discovered that this is how the ZBT is "supposed" to work because of balance issues, and that Majir is open to suggestions for other ways to balance out the Kethane jet engine. I have a suggestion: just make it burn exponentially more Kethane the thinner the atmosphere gets to make up for the ever-decreasing atmospheric pressure. In fact, you could make it a full-on Kethane-burning engine this way by having it be able to even fly in a vacuum, but giving it an ISP in-vacuum that's undesirable (say the equivalent of a 200 ISP engine that uses LFO?). The ISP would be considerably better the thicker the atmosphere is. That would not only make it a much better choice for a low-atmosphere engine, but it would give you a means of getting to space on Kethane alone (albeit a far-from-ideal one).

Kjets can be restarted on EVE when you get your speed below 80 m/s.

Here's the proof: Challenge

Hey I am having an issue converting kethane to liquid fuel/oxy for some reason it only fills the LF/OXY tanks to half way even though I have more kethane to process any idea on why this is? thanks in advance.

Update I figured out that apparently it can put fuel into the service module then i have to transfer it to lower tanks not sure why but hey, whatever works.

Connect a fuel pipe *from* the tank that won't fill *to* the converter, or install a fuel pump mod that can transfer fuel among tanks no matter how they're attached.

Check the fuel crossfeed capability of all parts inline between the converter and the tank that won't fill.

Apparently there's a way to get Fine Print to even generate Kethane-related contracts for you, but I'm unclear on how.

Playing on my 0.24.2 install; as soon as I unlocked one of the kethane parts in the tech tree, I was offered a contract to mine 2750 units of kethane from Mun.

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

I'm having the exact same issue as seen in this pic. The Kethane app button seems to be acting weird.

It pops up over the resourse icon in my case and then after returning to VAB the same hexagon icon seems to be popping up over other buttons.

Is someone else having this issue?

More importantly, does anyone know of a fix?

I can provide a log file if required.

EDIT: Also tried disabling MechJeb but it doesn't seem to want to go away :(

Another EDIT: The issue with Kethane button appears to have fixed itself. I'll take my complaint about MJ to the appropriate thread.

Edited by iFlyAllTheTime

Having the same here with Kethane icon on Stock Bar.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7519/15540720670_5034c4e017_o.pngKE by Climberfx, on Flickr

Glad to know it's not just me.

For anyone interested from my previous post about MJ button not hiding, check this out:

https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2/issues/464

The problem has been fixed in the latest dev build.

To Moderators:

Sorry for posting about MJ here, but I figured I mentioned the issue in my earlier post, so I may as well post the fix for that. I found the fix when I was about to post in the MJ thread.

Hi guys,

I´m experiencing some technical difficulties with the 0.25 version. For some reason I can´t rightclick on any part, that is form kethane mod as I fly thru space. I tried everything, but nothink worked. Also the drilling units are still activating and deactivating, even when I place them on my rocket. Anyone knows, how to fix that? It is really killing me... I would be very grateful for any advice.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/TrevorMcNeill/KSP_x642014-10-2607-46-46-77_zps0671f02a.png

What command pod it that, the hvc?

Got a small issue causing Kethane to be non functional for me: The large convertor basically doesn't do anything at all.

I know that there are absolutely no parts in the train that don't allow the fuel through, a simple test took care of that:

2014-11-13_00007.jpg

So that's not the issue.

Here's some images of the train I put on the Mun to make rocketfuel with on location:

2014-11-13_00009.jpg

2014-11-13_00008.jpg

Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

I am running quite a bunch of other mods at the moment, but so far everything appears to work fine together up until now that is...

Got a small issue causing Kethane to be non functional for me: The large convertor basically doesn't do anything at all.

I know that there are absolutely no parts in the train that don't allow the fuel through, a simple test took care of that:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2935674/Kerbal/2014-11-13_00007.jpg

So that's not the issue.

Here's some images of the train I put on the Mun to make rocketfuel with on location:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2935674/Kerbal/2014-11-13_00009.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2935674/Kerbal/2014-11-13_00008.jpg

Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

I am running quite a bunch of other mods at the moment, but so far everything appears to work fine together up until now that is...

You need a tank of tank of LFO fuel on the converter or have a fuel line to the tank of LFO. Otherwise it doesn't work.

team.leit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.