Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Solution that worked for me, hopefully it also helps someone else (using latest Kethane and Mechjeb #147 + other plugins):

I was also missing the grid after updating from 0.22 to 0.23, even afetr removing all plugins but Kethane and starting a new game.

What made it work for me again was:

1. install a frehs copy of KSP 0.23

(1a install only Kethane plugin, check that it works (it did!))

2. copy all plugins form previous installation

3. copy save game from previous installation

=> The grid is shown again, even for the save game where it did not work in the previous installation, no problems so far.

Solution that worked for me, hopefully it also helps someone else (using latest Kethane and Mechjeb #147 + other plugins):

I was also missing the grid after updating from 0.22 to 0.23, even afetr removing all plugins but Kethane and starting a new game.

What made it work for me again was:

1. install a frehs copy of KSP 0.23

(1a install only Kethane plugin, check that it works (it did!))

2. copy all plugins form previous installation

3. copy save game from previous installation

=> The grid is shown again, even for the save game where it did not work in the previous installation, no problems so far.

Won't work for me. I was missing the grid even with the last version.

Mine was working fine just the other day, but now I also have a missing grid, and the menu itself is kind of glitched, just a little green bar now with no buttons or text. It definitely must be something else I recently installed...

Not a total new person. I had it 'on' it doesn't show up. Ever. Anywhere.

Kethane already HAS it's own Jet Engine that uses KIntakeAir and Kethane to function on Eve/Jool.

If you have scan sat reinstall it, if you have mechjeb reinstall it, that fixed it for me (also don't keep any outdated mods in your ksp folder)

My Kethane scanner works only on the currently active vessel. When I switch to a different one or go to space center, it stops scanning. When I switch back to it, it starts scanning again. What am I doing wrong ?

My Kethane scanner works only on the currently active vessel. When I switch to a different one or go to space center, it stops scanning. When I switch back to it, it starts scanning again. What am I doing wrong ?

Nothing, that is how it works. It only scans when the active vessel. Work around for this horrible limitation is changing the detection time to a very low number (like .000001) so very high time compression can be used without skipping.

In spite of the pure excitement this mod brings in the game, I do tend to find quite hard to properly use all the features. Scanning is okay, but once you've started mining, I do find it very complicated to understand how it works... By reading previous pages on this thread, it seems I am not the only one, perhaps some sort of a user guide that sums up pretty briefly how it works from one end to the other (scanning, mining, converting, ...).

What do you think?

... perhaps some sort of a user guide that sums up pretty briefly how it works from one end to the other (scanning, mining, converting, ...).

What do you think?

Well, there is the Kethane wiki, from the first post. The rest can be answered here. But if a question gets asked repeatedly here, someone should probably update the wiki with it.

Mine was working fine just the other day, but now I also have a missing grid, and the menu itself is kind of glitched, just a little green bar now with no buttons or text. It definitely must be something else I recently installed...

Fixed my problem somehow. Tried to reinstall Kethane mod, as well as uninstalling a bunch of other mods and starting a new game, just to check. No dice.

Ended up going into the settings.cfg and turning debug mode back off and setting the display mode back on True, and voila it suddenly worked!

Fixed my problem somehow. Tried to reinstall Kethane mod, as well as uninstalling a bunch of other mods and starting a new game, just to check. No dice.

Ended up going into the settings.cfg and turning debug mode back off and setting the display mode back on True, and voila it suddenly worked!

Mine doesn't show a debug mode option in the cfg file.

My mods:

Toolbar

B9

EL

FireSpitter

HexCan

HL

IonHyb

KAS

ProcFairings

HyperEdit

Kethane

LLL

MSI

MJ2

Spherical Fuel Tanks

TacFuelBalancer

KerbalAlarmClock

EDIT: Ok so I wiped out some mods I wasn't using (Romfarer, kOS) and now it is showing the grid. So EITHER there is a clash with those mods or I was running out of memory.

Edited by JewelShisen

This is a great mod and all, but I was wondering if you could add a part that allowed you to gas-mine Kethane on Jool.

This would of course require the use of Hooligan Labs Airships, but DAMN. It'd be like the Tibanna gas mining facilities, one of which you know as Cloud City, on Bespin. It might not be very practical, but the point is it's cool so fu-*static* practicality. So please sir, make this part for a future update. You'll be doing many players a service.

This is a great mod and all, but I was wondering if you could add a part that allowed you to gas-mine Kethane on Jool.

This would of course require the use of Hooligan Labs Airships, but DAMN. It'd be like the Tibanna gas mining facilities, one of which you know as Cloud City, on Bespin. It might not be very practical, but the point is it's cool so fu-*static* practicality. So please sir, make this part for a future update. You'll be doing many players a service.

If you pull that off then let me know! And post pictures! I need them for the wiki. Which I need to update...

If you pull that off then let me know! And post pictures! I need them for the wiki. Which I need to update...

I'll post pictures on this post when/if I do. It'll be in sandbox mode, though.

Edited by Brixmon
oh, nevermind.

Mine doesn't show a debug mode option in the cfg file.

It has to be added, it's not there by default. I used it to generate new deposits on Kerbin until there was one underneath the KSC to test out the vehicles. It worked just fine at first, so I don't think enabling it caused the problem in the first place, but who knows. Also, I'm not using anything from Romfarer or kOS, so no idea there.

Everyone who has problems with the map overlay not showing up, check your KSP.log (can be found next to gamedata, ksp.exe, etc.). Look for

[ERR <time>] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading '<plugin>': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

Update/remove the plugin that caused that error.

Sorry if this has been asked before - I did check the last handful of pages... Are there plans for Kethane to support the blizzy toolbar? My OCD is so much happier now that many of my mods have been tidied into it and I would love for the kethane UI to be accessible from the toolbar as well.

Okay, I've got a little problem, and I can't seem to find an answer if there is one. Want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid before reporting it as a new bug.

I'm orbiting Laythe. Every other planet's grid maps work fine EXCEPT for Laythe's. When I zoom out, the map seems to... 'explode' Is the best word... from my active ship and vanishes.

I checked the log, and there's no mention of kethane in the errors.

Thoughts?

What about version mode with low texture? Just 100 Mb - a lot of for 17 parts. As you know, ksp has problem with free memory.

The author of the stock texture reduction pack has permission to create a Kethane reduction pack. You might see if they're still around. If not, someone else might want to pick up the job and send me a note.

Are there plans for Kethane to support the blizzy toolbar? My OCD is so much happier now that many of my mods have been tidied into it and I would love for the kethane UI to be accessible from the toolbar as well.

Toolbar support has been added and will be in the next release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.