Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Yes and if you read the last 20 pages you will see it is mentioned over and over again......

Read? Spend time before wasting other peoples? Bah! Obviously his seconds are more precious than yours...

Anyway, fun aside I came to bother Majiir again. KethaneConverter is still giving me hassle. I can get the charge usage out ok and IsEnabled tells me when it's switched on but if there is no kethane or no storage for the output I can't tell that it's not actually using any charge. You use RequestResource which fails if the conditions necessary are not met which is fine n dandy but nothing outside the module can tell that no charge is being used.

Can you think of a way I could get that out or am I going to have to use GetConnectedResources and work it out for myself?

Read? Spend time before wasting other peoples? Bah! Obviously his seconds are more precious than yours...

Anyway, fun aside I came to bother Majiir again. KethaneConverter is still giving me hassle. I can get the charge usage out ok and IsEnabled tells me when it's switched on but if there is no kethane or no storage for the output I can't tell that it's not actually using any charge. You use RequestResource which fails if the conditions necessary are not met which is fine n dandy but nothing outside the module can tell that no charge is being used.

Can you think of a way I could get that out or am I going to have to use GetConnectedResources and work it out for myself?

I can't think of anything you could do short of replicating the converter calculations, and even that wouldn't be accurate when multiple converters are running. If you put a message on Kethane's issue tracker, I'll be happy to add API support for you in the next release.

I can't think of anything you could do short of replicating the converter calculations, and even that wouldn't be accurate when multiple converters are running. If you put a message on Kethane's issue tracker, I'll be happy to add API support for you in the next release.

I thought that was going to be the answer, I shall off to the issue tracker then. Thanks.

Is it possible to make a Mining Drill mine two resources at once? Like CFG File editing? I have have EPLP and it would be useful if the drills mine both ore and kethane :), i try to make my ships as short and small as possible.

Or can i just do this?

{
Name = Kethane
Rate = 1.25
Name = Ore
Rate = 1.25
}

If i could actually do that, that would help, -1000 tons off my vehicles.

Is it possible to make a Mining Drill mine two resources at once?

You need two Resource nodes, e.g. like this:

MODULE
{
name = KethaneExtractor
PowerConsumption = 24
HeadTransform = drillbit
TailTransform = housing
HeadOffset = 0.5
TailOffset = -0.1
Resource
{
Name = Kethane
Rate = 5
}
Resource
{
Name = Ore
Rate = 3
}
}

Note that ElectricCharge is only consumed once, regardless of how many resources the drill mines.

*snip*[Majiir/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering so fast! I thought you would answer like 5 days from the time i posted that, but thanks! You have made my life alot easier.

And also, while chatting around in KLF, somebody had the idea of randomly generated asteroids that are full of Kethane and is minable, if you can land on it :D. And, A "Mass Fabricator" thing, that generates Kethane, but uses up a 2 Meter Battery worth of power each second it generates kethane (I don't want people screaming at me for suggesting a cheaty suggestion).

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey
Ugh, how do you use [QUOTE]?

just wondering about something small and pointless, but has the glitch where it is possible to mine kethane while moving been fixed? Just wondering because i have been testing my kethane plane. Also, how are you supposed to get to underwater deposits of kethane? HL sub mod only allows up to 600m depth and most of the deposits on kerbin and eve are underwater depper than 1-2km.

Thx,

elind21

Hello to all. I have just recently started a 'new' run of KSP 0.21 I wanted to keep my old kethane deposit distribution so I copied the kethane.cfg from the previous saves file to the new one. The deposit locations show up same as last run, and can be mined, but after switching from space center to mining to other flights, the kethane map now shrinks to a small ball that disappears into the body... Any idea as to what i have done wrong or did not copy correctly?? I 'hope' that i will not have to reset the persistence file as i will loose my bases.. But i will do what ever is needed to get this stable again.

Many thanks.

The site where the mod is located has malware, or at least, malwarebytes has stopped me going there because of it.

Yes and if you read the last 20 pages you will see it is mentioned over and over again......turn off your antivirus

Hi, I have not seen this posted elsewhere:

NullReferenceException
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform:INTERNAL_get_position (UnityEngine.Vector3&)

at UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScaledSpace.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

It appears to be associated with a kethane map display glitch. Restarting thew game fixes this, but it is a reap pain when it happens every time you launch.

Thx,

elind21

I would really be appreciative if someone has any idea(s), cure(s) and or clue(s) regarding strange effect that is happening to my Kethane display. Please see message #3015 above. Again, thanks in advance.

Check Alt+F2. ^(see last post)^ this is happening to me also. If you see NullReferenceException over end over again in red you have the same problem as I do. I think it is a conflict with mumech.dll used by Albert VDS's Hullcam.

I would really be appreciative if someone has any idea(s), cure(s) and or clue(s) regarding strange effect that is happening to my Kethane display. Please see message #3015 above. Again, thanks in advance.
Hi, I have not seen this posted elsewhere:

It appears to be associated with a kethane map display glitch. Restarting thew game fixes this, but it is a reap pain when it happens every time you launch.

What versions of Kethane and KSP are you running? This is a well-known bug in old versions. Only the latest versions of both Kethane and KSP are supported.

Ack, a few replies came in quite quickly.

To elaborate, the issue you're experiencing is caused by a stock bug which allows the map view to be corrupted (nulls in the scaled space transform list). The bug occurs regardless of whether Kethane is installed, but its effects are much more obvious with Kethane. If it is in fact a VDS Hullcam issue, it will need to be fixed on that end. I emphasize that it's not a conflict in the sense that Kethane doesn't have any part in causing the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.