Help with transferring saves

My computer (2015 MacBook Air running windows 10) recently bluescreened, and every tutorial I can find to fix the “preparing automatic repair” bug is either needlessly complicated or just doesn’t work. However, I will be getting a new pc soon and I just wanted to ask if KSP saves are saved on the cloud? I don’t have a backup version on a hard drive anywhere, and the new pc will be Linux. I know that I can re-download KSP from the private division store (it’s direct download) but I REALLY don’t want to have to start a whole new game. Does anyone have a fix for this ? Can I somehow extract my KSP saves from my broken pc?

If you have the store version, then no.  The saves are not in the cloud, that would only be with the Steam version.

You can try booting the Macbook into a live Linux environment (like an installer) and see if you can pull files from the onboard storage drive.  As long as your bluescreens are an issue with the OS itself and not a hardware failure, it should be fairly straightforward if you didn't encrypt anything in Windows.

The saves are in <KSP Root Folder>/game/saves

There will be a folder for each save, containing all the save files and the craft files.  If you copy that entire folder over to a new install, you should be able to load it normally.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.