Accelerate under Timewarp still not working in some cases (Post-v0.2.0)

jclovis3

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | GPU: MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 | RAM128 GB DDR5-6000

What Happened:
While taking off from Minmus in a Northly direction, I used the time warp and noticed my Ap stopped changing. Fuel was still being consumed. The trajectory arc was also not changing.

Evidence:
I tried loading from a quick save and even restarting and this bug persists, so I'm attaching the quick save.

Video: 

Included Attachments:

BuggedSave.zip

Edited by jclovis3
Added video and reformatted text.

58 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 22H2 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti-Super | RAM48GB DDR4

Addition to:

When my ion-propulsed probe was in Kerbolar space, it had no trouble (mercifully) doing acceleration under timewarp (using both Ion-only and Ion + Nuke H2).

Now that I am in Moho's SOI and trying to burn off the last 100 m/s to capture into a reasonable orbit, acceleration under timewarp only results in fuel-burn, not orbital-modification...

Is it possible that the problem has to do either with being in a 'smaller SOI' or having an escaping-trajectory?

Included Attachments:

AccelerateunderTimewarpstillnotworkinginsomecases(Post-v0.2.0)_logs.zip

Adding my feedback from weekly challenge #48 using ion engines to Dres. During the challenge I had two or three cases where I did not have thrust under warp. The case I'm 100% sure on was in Dres' SOI while trying to capture, i.e. I was on an escape trajectory. When I was in Kerbol's SOI, I did several burns with thrust under warp without issue.

Earlier in the mission I recall one or two other scenarios where this occurred. Neither significantly jeopardized the mission so I didn't note them as carefully. Comments and Discord and here made me think back and I believe the scenarios could have been both in Kerbin's and Duna's SOI on escape trajectories.

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 | RAM48GB

So recently i stumbled upon a bug which completely ruined my mission. I tried to launch a satellite to Eve using 4 IX-6315 "Dawn" Ion engines and at first everything worked out well. Until i reached an orbit with an Apogee of 2,14km and a Perigee of 0,99km, i am not sure if this is relevant but i am including it anyways. I then tried to do another engine fire to make my orbit even higher but when i tried to time warp with the engines on, it completely stopped changing my orbit. The engines did work as in that they consumed fuel and electricity but the orbit was completely unchanged. The only usable info i have is a video of me showing it which is here or in the attached files. I will try to launch an identical mission to try if it works on that one and if it is maybe just limited to that specific craft. If i learn anything by that i will add it to the replies. 

I will be glad for any replies and/or help.

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22024-03-2718-11-05.mp4

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GPU: Nvidia Geforce 2080ti | RAM32gb

Hello. I built a satellite/probe with a xenon engine. It works fine in normal time, but as soon as you select a time warp greater than 1x, it immediately loses all thrust. I can turn on the engine, watch the apoapsis or periapsis change in the bottom right, and then see them immediately freeze as soon as time warp is engaged. The engines remain on, and drain fuel/electricity, but there is zero impact on craft velocity and trajectory. I've attached a video showing the bug in action.

No mods, most recent update, stock everything. This does not occur with any other engines as far as I'm aware. I tested the ant, another low thrust engine, and it worked fine.

Included Attachments:

KerbalSpaceProgram22024_04.08-09_09_58_01.mp4

Probe2.json

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i7 | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 | RAM16 GB DDR5

I've tried on a few different vessels a couple separate times, and it seems that ion engines will not run during time warp while in Eve's SOI. The IX Dawn engine works elsewhere like in Kerbin's SOI, Kerbollar orbit, etc. when in time warp, but for some reason when it's in Eve's SOI the engine only produces thrust or consumes fuel when time warp is set to 1x.

Tried using different vessels, relaunching the same vessel, etc. The engine stays on the entire time, but won't consume fuel or produce acceleration during time warp. Other engines work fine - it's only the ion engine that exhibits this behavior.

Included Attachments: