RPG Element for kerbals.

Back In KSP1 Kerbals had different jobs and you could level them up, you had Engineer Kerbals, Navigation Kerbals, Scientists, KSP2 Should bring this back and make it even better, make it so we can level up Kerbal's and certain Kerbal's do special things and have special perks, You could even go further with this when Colonies comes out. 

i like this. The RP for players and their kerbals.
I suggest they add a museum to include things like this.
I think adding more playable interactions via Kerbal to Kerbal would be a wonderful idea for when multiplayer comes out.

do you think we can build this idea together? Come up with more of a solid plan for the kerbals?

My main idea is to get players to interact more with the kerbals when Multiplayer hits so that we arent stuck like every other new'er game with multiplayer, No interactions.

BG2 you just play the game. No emotes, no interactions, no sitting, talking, or anything.
Same with a lot more games, multiplayer should be more for a big community like this.
I'd like to see this unfold

Functions would be nice. Every kerbal should have basic stuff they can do, so no need for having specialized kerbals. Specializing a kerbal would give some cool gameplay advantages for the player 

Examples 

Basic kerbal: can do what kerbals do now (maybe some less piloting stuff) 

Pilot : more flight options like automatically executing manuvre, more advaced docking options

Engineer: being able to make simple repairs, restore parashutes etc. 

Scientist: gives more science when in laboratory, taking samples and making surface reports  

Maybe a training center would also be nice which had a limited output of kerbals. Makes them not seems as expendable. There you could maybe also upgrade kerbals. Upgrading kerbals to function may also take time and costs science points 

I really want them to bring Kerbal jobs back to Exploration Mode. I loved bringing my Pilot, Engineer and Scientists for their own specific functions. Otherwise Kerbals become a funny frog with a name that you don't care if you kill or go rescue, as all of them will do the same thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.