Kerbals Fall Through the Ground while going down a ladder

kevlar818

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 (64 bit) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT | RAMRAM: 31864 Mb

Title: Kerbals Fall Through the Ground on Ladders

Severity: (high/med/low).   low

Frequency: (high/med/low).  high - if you're on a ladder, it happens

Description:  When you land on a planet and have a ladder that extends through the ground if a Kerbal descends the ladder to the bottom and lets go they will fall to the center of the planet.

Included Attachments:

Edited by Spicat

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: 1080ti | RAM16gb ddr3

If you put a ladder on a vessel, and make it stick into the ground a significant amount, a kerbal can then climb on the ladder and climb down the ladder through the floor.

Included Attachments:

ladder-through-floor-bug.mp4

• 2 weeks later...

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X | GPU: Radeon 6700XT | RAM32GB

Due to kerbals not having collision while on ladders, they are able to clip through the ground if the ladder they are on falls onto the ground. If the player presses "Let go" from this position, the kerbal will exit the ladder below the terrain and will begin to fall towards the center of the body. They can still clip back in-bounds if gravity is low enough that the EVA jetpack can allow them to fly, but on heavier bodies, the kerbal is doomed to fall down to the center of the planet, and be ejected from the kerbolar system at 0.05% the speed of light due to physics issues that occur at the center of a body.

I originally encountered this issue trying to flip my lander on Minmus and was able to replicate the issue on Minmus again and on Tylo (Image of this attached). I'd say it's safe to assume it happens on all planets and possibly other objects as well.

Included Attachments:

• 2 weeks later...

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 | RAM32GB

I landed on Kerbin on a slope causing the capsule to slowly oscillate left and right, maybe 180 degrees back and forth. I EVAed the pilot just before the door made contact with the ground. This resulted in the poor Kerbal being pushed through the terrain by the capsule and falling to -18 meters off sea level.

Included Attachments: