Kerbal Space Program Crashes Upon Startup

Edit: I have come to the conclusion that I have faulty hardware.

So, I've had this issue for a while now, and I used to be able to use temporary workarounds to fix it, but I can't get it to work anymore.

So basically, every time I boot up KSP through Steam, and then the PD Launcher, it will attempt to load, then crash my entire laptop. Now, my laptop may not have the newest technology, but it should absolutely be able to run KSP, and had done so just fine in the past. For 40 hours! And out of nowhere the game suddenly crashes as soon as it tries to load, which makes me very sad. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, going through the files, searching up possible solutions, but nothing seems to help me. A possible outcome that my friend and I came to was that my laptop is shutting down to prevent it from reaching deadly temperatures, but I will look more into that later.

I also observed Task Manager, and noticed that the application did not ever max out my CPU or RAM, so I am absolutely stumped. And it can run KSP2 fine as well which should obviously crash my laptop if KSP1 does.

Here are my laptop's components in case it is a hardware issue:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Product ID    00325-96229-38653-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edited by TheSandboxMaster
Update on the Solution

There may be something in the log files that can show what’s going on. There’s a section in this guide to help you find them:

One potential workaround is to copy KSP and paste it outside the Steam folders, delete the PDLauncher folder and then launch the game directly from KSP.exe, in case either Steam or the launcher are the cause of the problem. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.