Suggestion: Make Science more engaging by getting rid of the one click solution

As a KSP 1 player holding out, i recently bought KSP 2 because the public consent appeared to be "for science finally made KSP 2 good".
Safe to say i'm severely disappointed.

I never realized all science from KSP 1 been reduced to a "click me when i glow" button. That's a joke, right? RIGHT? ...at least i hope so.

In case it's not, here's a suggestion: Simply (in terms of gameplay, not coding) bring back KSP1's need to have Kerbals interact with some science modules (like we needed to collect the data from goo and reset it if we wanted to have more experiments without overwriting the others etc). You can keep the button as an info tool in one form or another, but the one-click serves all solution needs to go imho.

I have to say i like the new time requirements / experiment runtimes, please keep those.

I think you can do science by pressing button by button, like you would do in ksp1.

I also like the new features that seem to have been taken from kerbalism and dmagic: the experiments require time and the "situation" factor of the instruments.

19 hours ago, Steigleder said:

I think you can do science by pressing button by button, like you would do in ksp1.

I also like the new features that seem to have been taken from kerbalism and dmagic: the experiments require time and the "situation" factor of the instruments.

Thanks, i actually never realized that except for taking surface samples, probably because it's hard to ignore that button constantly urging me to "click here".
I mean the button is there, it prompts me to click, so i click - like most humen probably would.. but even if i'd ignore it and trigger the experiments manually - there's still no need to gather data from the Science JR and reset the experiment (like there was before with the goo etc).

Honestly, is there any need to go EVA while in orbit right now? That's the gameplay stripped i'm referring to, not the simple act of "more clicks" itself.

19 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

And here I want the button to click itself automatically.

In that case there's always sandbox mode, or in an extreme case of automation needs maybe even an ai that actually manages to play the whole game by itself?

3 hours ago, SpazeGibbonz said:

is there any need to go EVA while in orbit right now?

Not right now, no (other than occasional EVA science). I'm still hoping we get some kind of EVA construction like we had in KSP1. Seems like something like that would come in or near the Colonies update if we get it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.