(v0.6) Distant Skies (1.12.5)

SUPERPLUTO126 PRESENTS……

DISTANT SKIES:A KSP MODPACK.

What is Distant Skies?

Distant skies has been a long dream of mine, this project was inspired by several other mods, such as ‘Galaxies Unbound’ ‘Infinite Discoveries’ and ‘Interstellar adventure revived’. Distant Skies seeks to add a Truly Significant amount of TRUE star systems to the game. Not only that, but it is also based heavily on real life solar systems. The Closest Star is Alpha Centauri, and I also have granted myself more artistic liberties here and added extra planets and moons when possible that are within the confines of realism. There are no habitable worlds in the nearest stars to kerbol, and even the atmospheres are scarce at best. You will have to get Crafty if you want to engineer craft to go here.

How many Stars/Systems does this mod intend to add in the end?

Yes, I dont even have a solid figure lol, I have an entire doc for a to-do list and half of it is systems i intend to add. You are free to make suggestions in the Discord for interesting stars with planets (Or even those that dont!). Of course I will be adding Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eridani and Trappist. I will also be adding more obscure systems, such as L-59 and Kepler 444.

Why are the planets low quality?Where are the scatterers and Eve Atmospheres? Why are the Red Dwarves not red?

I am new to planet modding, thus, don't expect starcrusher level stuff from me yet. Sunflares, clouds, better atmospheres are something I want too. There are no Biomemaps yet or Rational resources support, this is a VERY wip mod. Also before you ask I am aware of the issues on Proxima D, a Revamp of the planet is WIP.

How Can I Help this mod in development?

Playing it, making suggestions, and engagement. That is both very much a morale boost and helpful to diagnosing issues, making changes and improving all of our experiences. 

Downloadhttps://spacedock.info/mod/3544/Distant skies#info

Spoiler

Screenshots:B866kyU.png

GxJsmnq.png

Mod Dev Discord: https://discord.gg/GhxD5pF5

PAGE TO BE REVAMPED SOON

mod ver.0.6

Edited by Superpluto126
NEW UPDATE !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...