Under Pressure Mission Not Completing

Necrosniper

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: Alarm Clock, BepInEx, Community Fixes, Kerbal Life Hacks, Maneuver Node Controller, Micro Engineer, Node Manager, Patch Manager, Science Arkive, SpaceWarp, UITK for KSP 2 | Can replicate without mods? No 
OS: WINDOWS 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT | RAM32GB DDR4

I went through the arduous task of completing my last mission. Under Pressure. Only for it to not complete upon return.

I have Surface Samples from Eve and all 10 Kerbals have been in the pod. Only using one to get the sample.

I put the Eve Lander into orbit, put a transfer stage into orbit, docked the transfer stage to the eve lander, undocked from the transfer stage, landed the Eve Lander, went back to orbit, redocked to transfer stage, came back to Kerbin orbit, put parachutes into orbit because I forgot them and docked them to the lander, splash landed on Kerbin. No credit for the mission before or after recovering on Kerbin.

I'm not willing to do it all again without mods just to check to see if it works without mods. I was able to complete every other mission with the same mods.

Included Attachments:

3 answers to this question

I ran into this bug too, ended up using cheats to get it to trigger, it's incredibly bad that the game can just slam you with this after what is essentially the final boss of the missions

Same for me. 11 Kerbals in the same vessel (command pod and cargo bay) to and from Eve but it didn't complete.

I believe that docking causes the issue - I docked with and refuelled the vessel in Eve orbit  on the return journey. It seems that the save file lost track of which vessel had landed on Eve.

I was able to fix it by editing a save file taken just before landing back at Kerbin. Here's how I did it:

- Find the name of the vessel that went to and from Eve. Mine had become '(Combined)-44' at some stage during docking
- Find the Guid for it:

"Version": "0.1",
      "Guid": {
        "Guid": "bb017837-6add-49e4-bfbc-405dd2af6496",
        "DebugName": null
      },
      "OwnerPlayerGuidString": "11e264d5-74df-4fe6-bd68-0f2d3a8dc92e",
      "OwnerPlayerId": 1,
      "AuthorityPlayerId": 1,
      "AssemblyOABConfig": {
        "RootGuid": {
          "Guid": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
          "DebugName": null
        },
        "StagingState": null,
        "PartRelationshipData": null,
        "SymmetrySets": null
      },
      "AssemblyDefinition": {
        "assemblyName": "(Combined)-44",
        "localizationNameKey": "",

- Towards the end of the save file there is a travel log section which records various events for vessels. Find the section for landing on Eve. Mine looked like this:

"TravelObjectIds": [
          "a8647eb3-9928-43be-918a-9a6e62044122",
          "379e225a-a4d2-4ec4-89cd-9efc584e33d1",
          "4ee1ba2a-9baf-4442-b2f6-e48cbe4db3eb"
        ],
        "EventKey": "vesselLanded",
        "UT": 562894695.19543731,
        "FlightReportArgs": [
          "Eve"
        ]
      },

- The GUID for my landing vessel (bb01...) is missing, so I added it:

"TravelObjectIds": [
          "a8647eb3-9928-43be-918a-9a6e62044122",
          "379e225a-a4d2-4ec4-89cd-9efc584e33d1",
          "4ee1ba2a-9baf-4442-b2f6-e48cbe4db3eb",
          "bb017837-6add-49e4-bfbc-405dd2af6496"
        ],
        "EventKey": "vesselLanded",
        "UT": 562894695.19543731,
        "FlightReportArgs": [
          "Eve"
        ]
      },

Reload the modified file, land on Kerbin and the mission completes. Backup your save file first obviously...

IQFKTQO.jpg

Edited by Plummet
Corrected image link

I also have the same trouble with this mission and other missions as well. The game permanently confuses the vessels. Sometimes a single ejected part becomes the vessel. I won't play anymore until they have fixed these issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.