10gb RAM usage, lol! Too much rocket!

I'm building a rocket capable of going to Tylo's surface & back. Needless to say, the 200 ton lander, and the huge amount of hydrogen needed to push it, well, it's heavy to say the least. (I'd check, but my game is currently dying)

I finally finished the testing stage. Tylo lander & pusher works amazingly. Next up was making something to lift the few hundred tons.

So....I stuck about 56 Vector engines and 9 or so large fuel tanks (spread out) and I wanted to see what would happen.

Turns out, the moment the launch pad loaded something exploded (note, the launch pad screen was not up yet. I was in the VAB & launch pad picture screen at the same time when something went kaboom)

So I reverted

Bo5dMsz.jpg

As of right now (time of post) I'm stuck on this screen.

Also as of right now, 

PJaRrL9.png

GPU has calmed down now, it's down to about 17% used by KSP now that the VAB has . . . 'loaded'

Anyways, that's 10gb of ram being used right now. As a note, I have 32gb of ram. I think I just found a reason to somewhat justify 16x2. Lol

Just wanted to share this, and also a warning to those at 16gb of ram: Be careful with ludicriously heavy / large rockets

50 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

The minimum requirements have 12GB listed.

Though, why stick 56 vectors when mammoths have 4 times the thrust so you'd need like 12 of them?

I thought it was 8gb minimum; though 10gb is still a lot at one time, don't believe I have ever seen that much utilized all at once

I don't remember if I have mammoths unlocked, it was also more of a "I wonder what happens", silly experiment. In practice I will probably send up lander / nuclear section seperately & dock, especially after the game died on me

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.