[1.12.5] Celestial Rescale (v0.3.1) - Rescale the stock system!

SpaceNerd24

Celestial Rescale v0.3.1

Celestial Rescale is a addon for KSP that allows players to rescale celestial bodies within the game (eventually). With Celestial Rescale, you can dynamically adjust the size and scale of planets, moons, and other celestial objects.

Celestial Rescale Download Links:

https://spacedock.info/mod/3559/Celestial Rescale

https://github.com/SpaceNerd24/Celestial-Rescale

License: MIT

Source:

https://github.com/SpaceNerd24/Celestial-Rescale

Roadmap:

https://github.com/users/SpaceNerd24/projects/3/views/1

Compatibility:

Visual Mod Compatibility:

• EVE Redux
  • It may work with Scatterer
  • There might be others but since I’m developing this on a potato pc I can’t test them

Planet Pack Compatibility:

• This mod should be compatible with some planet packs

Upcoming Features: 

Better Terrain Rescaling

API (no idea how to do this)

Special thanks to @SpaceNerd032 for making this mod

Changelog:

Spoiler

Version v0.3.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.5

Released on 2024-03-05

Added:

Better Atmosphere Scaling

Negative Rescaling  (Making things smaller) 

Limits on Rescaling

Version v0.2.0 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.5
Released on 2024-02-17

Added: 

Any type of rescale (go to the CelestialRescaleLocalSettings.cfg file and change the numbers to your desired rescale, as long as they are the same it will work) 

Ui

Version v0.1.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.5
Released on 2024-02-11

Added basic 2x rescale functionality

Edited by SpaceNerd032

I have not tested it yet but it should work as long as you are not using visual mods like EVE though it might work with those too. Also it will rescale the system even more than it already is.

Edited by SpaceNerd032

We do kind of need a replacement for Sigma's suite of mods (rescale too) as they are all essentially abandoned and all-rights-reserved makes them hard to adopt.  I will be watching this with interest.

Update v0.2.0

Added:

• Ui that does nothing
  • any type of rescale (go to the CelestialRescaleLocalSettings.cfg file and change the numbers to your desired rescale, as long as they are the same it will work)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 8:46 PM, R-T-B said:

We do kind of need a replacement for Sigma's suite of mods (rescale too) as they are all essentially abandoned and all-rights-reserved makes them hard to adopt.  I will be watching this with interest.

I'd argue that it'd be nice if this mod was under a more forgiving license.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Looks cool might install this tonight

Btw I don’t recommend putting the scale factor at 90+ or less that 0.001 it really breaks the mod and game

Glad to see a good rescale mod! It seems to work fine with Blackracks EvE, scatterer and such, however the KSC is hanging half into the water. Any way to fix this?

edit: Seems I've spoken too soon. Upon firing up the game for the second time with this mod installed Mun and Minmus orbits are highly eccentric and both have a periaps inside of Kerbin. Mun does not get much higher than Kerbins surface while Minmus extends out to merely 6,000 km. It looks like their sizes were scaled correctly. Other planets and moons appear fine.

Edited by y2kcobrar

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, y2kcobrar said:

Glad to see a good rescale mod! It seems to work fine with Blackracks EvE, scatterer and such, however the KSC is hanging half into the water. Any way to fix this?

edit: Seems I've spoken too soon. Upon firing up the game for the second time with this mod installed Mun and Minmus orbits are highly eccentric and both have a periaps inside of Kerbin. Mun does not get much higher than Kerbins surface while Minmus extends out to merely 6,000 km. It looks like their sizes were scaled correctly. Other planets and moons appear fine.

There will be a fix for the KSC issue sometime in the future but it’s not a priority since it doesn’t affect gameplay 

what scale did you use for the second issue, can you send the log, and were the orbits messed up?

Edited by SpaceNerd032

On 3/26/2024 at 7:49 AM, SpaceNerd032 said:

There will be a fix for the KSC issue sometime in the future but it’s not a priority since it doesn’t affect gameplay 

what scale did you use for the second issue, can you send the log, and were the orbits messed up?

When do you think you will fix the KSC being moved?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Goosey said:

When do you think you will fix the KSC being moved?

Probably in 0.5.0 or 0.4.1, so around a month or 2, though it may take longer than expected 

Edited by SpaceNerd032

17 hours ago, SpaceNerd032 said:

Probably in 0.5.0 or 0.4.1, so around a month or 2, though it may take longer than expected 

Cool. I really like your mod so far though, can't wait to see what else comes. It wouldn't be your main priority, but would you sometime consider scaling parts mass, ISP, etc to be in order with the set world scale?