Docking problems i see that there is problem with docking craft on orbits, it's buggy and stowaway kerbals always try manning my Lunar or rather Munar module xD

Pawelk198604

I'm used to cheat ;) mode to add some science points to have some kind of Apolloesque parts, but i find some sort of problems with doing it Apollo way  i mean to do this as LOR or rather a MOR way and dock LM with CM/CSM on orbit I tried to do it on Kerbin orbit but I think it's buggy when you dock it, on-orbit and it's hard to do it without a machjeb  :( 

It would be cool if they put in KSP 2 some stock on-board docking computer for rendezvous and docking 

36:54 

Define "buggy".  Aside from craft center of mass not lining up properly resulting in instability in how the game reports the navball target vectors, I haven't found rendezvous or docking any more or less difficult than my experiences in KSP1.  I've heard there can be issues with undocking, although I have not encountered this myself.

Have just docked twice in KSP 2 but it worked well enough, large mothership an small lander with rcs on mothership. 
I set control from here on docking ports and had the ships targeting each other, then just do an small burn to bring them together. 
First I did not use rcs at all, ships bumped at around 1.5 m/s then docked, second time I aligned velocity so it was on target and it docked on contact. 

Unlike stock KSP 1 it looks like ships will point toward target even if you are not in control of them, in KSP 1 I had to use mechjeb smartass to have them pointed at target. 

I've done a couple of docks recently and the only actual bug I noticed was that on one attempt my craft suddenly flew away from each other, which I'm not sure is a docking issue but a 'craft in close proximity' issue. I did find the markers on the navball a lot more jittery than in KSP1 which is a problem with my style of slow approach docking (<0.3m/s) and SAS target lock did send me spinning. Docking without mods (in KSP1 I used "Navball docking alignment indicator", "NavHud" and a docking camera) was a bit more difficult and took me a couple of tries, but I'm out of practice. I'm more surprised by the "teleport a meter and adjust attitude by 30 degrees" style of docking that KSP2 has over the bouncy magnets of KSP1.

I do think the minimum KSP2 should have is the "parallel to docking port" marker on the navball that "Navball docking alignment indicator" generates, that makes it much easier to learn the skill.

3 hours ago, Robin Patenall said:

I do think the minimum KSP2 should have is the "parallel to docking port" marker on the navball that "Navball docking alignment indicator" generates, that makes it much easier to learn the skill.

This mod looks great. I agree something like this would be an invaluable addition. The target marker is great for the translation to target, but alignment by eyeball alone is inconsistent.

And stowaways is an problem. Had one kerbal sitting in an rover seat all the way to Duna. 
This was an double problem as the capsule is designed to be dropped during an flyby of Kerbin if dV is to low to enter an orbit. Added the one man capsule on top of the 3 man one to rescue 2 kerbals around Duna but now it was 6 onboard.
Note to self find max safe speed to drop capsule at. 

On 2/14/2024 at 2:24 PM, Robin Patenall said:

I did find the markers on the navball a lot more jittery than in KSP1

This can be really frustrating. I found it vanishes when you turn on RCS though, which at least forces me to use RCS thrusters. Kind of enjoying the extra realism!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 10:55 PM, Pawelk198604 said:

I'm used to cheat ;) mode to add some science points to have some kind of Apolloesque parts, but i find some sort of problems with doing it Apollo way  i mean to do this as LOR or rather a MOR way and dock LM with CM/CSM on orbit I tried to do it on Kerbin orbit but I think it's buggy when you dock it, on-orbit and it's hard to do it without a machjeb  :( 

Docking is super easy if you know how to do it right, and I saw a couple of major mistakes in there.  Clearly you were able to navigate to a decent, low-velocity orbital intercept, which is probably the hardest part, but there were two major things missing: 1) As soon as you get your two ships in physics range of each other, have each one set the other as its target and have them both lock to each other with the SAS. It looks to me like only one of your craft, the one you were controlling, was set to do that. and 2) Use your RCS translate buttons to make the final approach! If you are reciprocally locked with your target wrt heading, those buttons make it very easy to both line up your target and prograde markers and control the speed at which you close. Just do those two things and you'll never think of needing a computational crutch to dock in orbit again!

...Having said that, there were horrible bugs around docking in the earlier versions of KSP2, which would cause all kinds of unpredictable bad things to happen, but happily it seems those have been slain.

Edited by herbal space program