One Year of KSP2

Nate Simpson

On 3/9/2024 at 7:31 PM, PDCWolf said:

Definitely, but making a complete suspension system to fix the grip shouldn't be the players' task, and it's clearly not the design choice for it to be the players' task since there's no tools for it. The real fix would be providing proper suspension/differential parts, and/or more closed down but well tuned chassis to mount your stuff on. Right now a novice player gets a "rover body" and wheels, and no indication of all the problems they're gonna get in if they just use that as it is.

And players makes things like 
6XJBjYZ.jpg

Wheels works better than landing legs as you can drive to target, very nice on Duna since its hard to land close to target. My standard lander for medium and low gravity worlds.
Handles pretty well for 8 ton weight but you want some speed before climbing uphill. 

I have more issue handling small rovers, guess the one kilometer rover bug is less on heavy rovers. 

Edited by magnemoe

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 12:00 AM, Nate Simpson said:

Anniversary_1Year__Landscape_V2.png

Tomorrow marks one whole year since the Early Access launch of KSP2. How is it that a year can fly past in a heartbeat while also containing so much stuff?

In that time, our team has released a total of 11 updates and knocked out more than 2441 bugs. We’ve brought new physics systems online (re-entry heating, more rigid rockets) and we’ve added new features (Exploration Mode, Science collection, and Missions). As good as it’s felt to work through our feature list, the most satisfying part of the release process has always been the "day-after basking," where we take in all the unexpected ways the community is taking advantage of new gameplay possibilities. This has only gotten more exciting since the arrival of the Science and Mission features - not only are your vehicles getting more ambitious, but the missions themselves are starting to get pretty elaborate. The ways you’re getting the U-Dunkit module into alien seas are emblematic - it’s quite an awkward part, and the vehicles that it’s attached to tend to be delightfully weird!

image.png
Shadowzone does a Laythe dunk (full disclosure, he discovered a bug on this journey, but I think he still had fun)

image (1).png
Shadowzone is dunk-drunk, and now seeks out puddles across the Kerbolar System!

image (2).png
Audaylon with a rare double-dunker with fore and aft Dunk-its! 

image (3).png
@GalaxDragon aka Yuri has managed to get their U-Dunkit nowhere near any liquid at all

image (4).png
@SciVirus has used the part in an unexpected but delightful way

We’re looking forward to the new possibilities that will be opening up to players in the coming year, especially with the arrival of colonies! We’re making good progress in that area right now - why, here’s a stately little orbital test colony over Duna (it looks extremely cool with all the modules rotating):

image.png

Thanks for continuing to share your creations with us, and thanks for helping us to make KSP2 even better in 2024!

Nate

Screenshot-239.png

A bit late to the party, but I'm proud of my Dunk-it offshore mini-rig.