JFA (Jeb Far Away) - 1.12.5 (Alpha 0.3.2) [POLL]

D4RKN3R

dcmzlR6.png

"Our Mission Is To Put Jeb... Far Away." - HELIX

JebFarAway v0.3.2 / "Orbit"

Note: JFA Is Still In Early Alpha! Expect EVERYTHING To Change, So Don't Judge The Bugs Too Harshly.

DOWNLOAD FROM SPACEDOCK

JFA is a planet pack that aims to add some stars around the Kerbol system as a way of making it feel like Kerbol is in a stellar neighborhood. Contains All Of Your Daily Vitamin Jeff.

CONFLICTS

• Any Mods That Replace Moho

REQUIRES

• Kopernicus
  • Koperniucs EX
  • Singularity
  • All Their Dependencies

Spoiler

GALLERY

pPCzOWW.png

wotRsBY.png

HxsFGHf.png

CREDITS

Thanks To @GalileoFor the mod Flare Replacer.

License: MIT

Edited by D4RKN3R

Posted (edited)

JFA IS NOW ON CKAN!

That's right, I finally got it out on CKAN, and it's soon (ish) to be ready for 1.0.

As celebration, I'm redoing the ENTIRE Jona system (I'll save that for 0.4.0), with some other stuff.

I can't wait to show you!

-D4RK

srxSnwB.png

PS: Pyra Will Not Be Using This Texture On Update, Though It Will Be Similar.

PPS: I Broke It, So Pyra Will Keep It's Current Texture.

Edited by D4RKN3R

Stumbled upon this on CKAN, will there be any other bodies added in the future? i like the planet pack a lot, it's an interesting idea but it does seem a bit barren as of now. Maybe you could add a waterworld of some sort? I know modding can be really hard (Trust me, I've tried) and I really enjoyed your work, so take as long or as little you need to make an expansion of some sort, or don't make one at all! It's up to you. Just let it be known that someone out there (Me!) enjoyed your work and would love to see you keep on going!

Good luck!

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, JackoTheKerbo said:

Stumbled upon this on CKAN, will there be any other bodies added in the future? i like the planet pack a lot, it's an interesting idea but it does seem a bit barren as of now. Maybe you could add a waterworld of some sort? I know modding can be really hard (Trust me, I've tried) and I really enjoyed your work, so take as long or as little you need to make an expansion of some sort, or don't make one at all! It's up to you. Just let it be known that someone out there (Me!) enjoyed your work and would love to see you keep on going!

Good luck!

I Have A Plan To Add More Planets, Specifically An Algae Infested Water World Called [?], But I'm Having Some Issues. Hopefully Soon!

Edited by D4RKN3R

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

JFA DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 1

JFA 0.3.0 Is Coming Soon, And I'm Almost Done With The Water World That's Coming Out This Update!

Though I Feel It's Time To Announce The Name Of The Planet...

Spoiler

Mystin!

We're Almost Done, Though We Still Have A Few Bugs To Work Out...

Thanks For 80 Downloads!

JEBFARAWAY

Edited by D4RKN3R

Cool! I like the new planet, it's always nice to have a habitable world in the mix. My only complaint is that shouldn't the waters be green with all the algae in the ocean? Especially if it's infested with the stuff. Besides that though, pretty nice! Can't wait for the next one!

Edited by JackoTheKerbo
Spellling error

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2024 at 4:16 PM, JackoTheKerbo said:

Cool! I like the new planet, it's always nice to have a habitable world in the mix. My only complaint is that shouldn't the waters be green with all the algae in the ocean? Especially if it's infested with the stuff. Besides that though, pretty nice! Can't wait for the next one!

yeah, thats the plan. one issue: I forgot (0.3.1 prob)

PS: Later

Edited by D4RKN3R

ESSENTIAL UPDATE OUT!

0.3.2 Is out, and with it, Mystin becomes possible to reach. Mystin orbited WAY too fast, so I fixed the orbits.

I'd suggest downloading from SpaceDock manually if it's not yet out on CKAN, as this is very important.

Sorry For The Wait!

-D4RKN3R

In Regards to the poll I Believe it would (Personally) Be More wise to make more Natural Satellites should come first, this may be a popular opinion but science overall is not important to interstellar packs, as by the time you go interstellar you probably have most, if not all tech nodes unlocked (Unless you used the wormhole). Once you've finished the main system i'd say thats when you should consider making more stars, and I Personally suggest making them original rather than making them like Proxima Centauri.

Its your choice though, loving the look of the mod!

3 hours ago, Superpluto126 said:

I Personally suggest making them original rather than making them like Proxima Centauri.

Thanks For The Vote! I'd Like To Clarify That By "Making It More Like Proxima Centauri," I More Meant The Dynamic Type Of The Alpha Centauri System, As In Adding More Stars Revolving Around A Central Star In That Area.

1 hour ago, D4RKN3R said:

Thanks For The Vote! I'd Like To Clarify That By "Making It More Like Proxima Centauri," I More Meant The Dynamic Type Of The Alpha Centauri System, As In Adding More Stars Revolving Around A Central Star In That Area.

Also another suggestion, in Map Mode at least the Central Star's sun flare doesn't increase even when you get to the inner planets. Might wanna check out that brightness curve.

Yeah, I'm Going To Fix That Next Update No Matter What Said Update Is.

8 hours ago, Superpluto126 said:

Also another suggestion, in Map Mode at least the Central Star's sun flare doesn't increase even when you get to the inner planets. Might wanna check out that brightness curve.

JFA DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 2

Good Day, Fellow Kerbals!

As You May Know, JFA Is Currently A Buggy, Unstable, Unplayable, And Boring Mess.

I'm Looking To Change That In v0.4.0, By Making It More Unique.

We Currently Plan To Add 2 New "Stars" To The Pack, However They Are Only Currently In A Buggy Beta Phase Of Development. Either Way, I Feel I Should Share Them With And JFA Players Who May Want To Know:

1OJpdyn.png

ÆIXE Is A Bright White Star, Holding The Entire System Of IXE Together. It Is Orbited By One, Fiery And inhospitable World, As Well As A Mysterious Wormhole. (Pictured Center)

NYTIXE Is A Bright, Hot Brown Dwarf That Is Nearly Large Enough To Be Considered A Red Dwarf, However It Falls Just Short. In Orbit Of It Is A Small Gas Giant.  (Pictured In Purple)

ILNIXE ...You Should Know What This Is.

Anyways, Here's The Most Recent Obligatory Teaser For JFA...

" Taken From The CUBE Space Telescope Is A Recent Photo Of Brown Dwarf Star "Nytixe." "

5330z6l.png

And That's Just The Stars! We're Adding More Moons In 0.4.0, Though I'm Not Going To Spoil Them All Just Yet. I'll Only Tell You That Mystin Is Getting A Moon Named "Minin."

Finally, I'm Fixing A Bunch Of Bugs, Including Adding Science Definitions. If You Come Across Any, Let Me Know So I Can Fix Them.

Thanks For Playing!

JEBFARAWAY

12 minutes ago, D4RKN3R said:

JFA DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 2

Good Day, Fellow Kerbals!

As You May Know, JFA Is Currently A Buggy, Unstable, Unplayable, And Boring Mess.

I'm Looking To Change That In v0.4.0, By Making It More Unique.

We Currently Plan To Add 2 New "Stars" To The Pack, However They Are Only Currently In A Buggy Beta Phase Of Development. Either Way, I Feel I Should Share Them With And JFA Players Who May Want To Know:

1OJpdyn.png

ÆIXE Is A Bright White Star, Holding The Entire System Of IXE Together. It Is Orbited By One, Fiery And inhospitable World, As Well As A Mysterious Wormhole. (Pictured Center)

NYTIXE Is A Bright, Hot Brown Dwarf That Is Nearly Large Enough To Be Considered A Red Dwarf, However It Falls Just Short. In Orbit Of It Is A Small Gas Giant.  (Pictured In Purple)

ILNIXE ...You Should Know What This Is.

Anyways, Here's The Most Recent Obligatory Teaser For JFA...

" Taken From The CUBE Space Telescope Is A Recent Photo Of Brown Dwarf Star "Nytixe." "

5330z6l.png

And That's Just The Stars! We're Adding More Moons In 0.4.0, Though I'm Not Going To Spoil Them All Just Yet. I'll Only Tell You That Mystin Is Getting A Moon Named "Minin."

Finally, I'm Fixing A Bunch Of Bugs, Including Adding Science Definitions. If You Come Across Any, Let Me Know So I Can Fix Them.

Thanks For Playing!

JEBFARAWAY

Interesting....