[1.12.x] [Planet Pack] Outer Planets Expansion (OPX)

Posted (edited)

New updates have been released for JoolPlus, SarnusPlus and UrlumPlus fixing several issues. and adding a number of compatibility things.

OPX-JoolPlus v0.4.2:

• new settings option to retain the stock masses and radii for Laythe, Vall, Tylo, and Bop (requested by @Ultimate Steve)
  • fix to the BopTrojan=False setting ensuring it orbits in the correct position and not on top of Tylo
  • compatibility patch for Kcalbeloh, ensuring the wormhole doesn't nullref and break the game
  • compatibility with KopEx Footprints, DMagic Orbital Science, and TarsierSpaceTech

OPX-SarnusPlus v0.2.1:

• compatibility with KopEx Footprints, DMagic Orbital Science, and TarsierSpaceTech
  • fixes for Vizak, Ryla, and Phabus' PQSSpace appearance

OPX-UrlumPlus v0.2.1:

• fixes for Dathil, Lyxis, and Pymm's PQSSpace appearance

Edited by The Minmus Derp
researchbodies compatibility doesn't actually work bruh

4 hours ago, theogameren said:

i found a problem with sarnusplus. the issue is researchbodies. it just does not hide the objects

I have no clue what could be wrong. I do all the things every other research bodies compatibility config does in exactly the same way. Do you have a log?

bruh i uninstalled it and i looked in the cfg and found this

Spoiler

RESEARCHBODIES:NEEDS[ResearchBodies]
{
    loadAs = mod
    name = OPX-SarusPlus
    ONDISCOVERY
    {
        Vizak = ITS A UFO! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! What's that? Moon? Sarnus is right there? Oh. Uhhh. I'll call it... Vizak. Yes. Definitely not a keysmash.
    Ryla = Stop putting lentils in front of my telescope.
    Masmar = This little guy whizzing around beyond Sarnus' rings must have suffered a beating in its youth, with that giant crater.
    Encethys = This thing is way too bright. Our telescopes are failing to pick out any detail on its surface. Definitely made of ice, though.
    Hypo = Who put this pumice stone in space? I don't think that's where it goes. 
    Phabus = Wow, I'm lucky I found this thing! It really is way out there from the rest of the moon system, I sure hope there isn't anything related to an alien molecule. 
  }
     IGNORELEVELS
  {
       Vizak = true true true true
    Ryla = true true true true
    Masmar = true true true true
    Encethys = true true true true
    Hypo = true true true true
    Phabus = true true true true
    }
}

bro u did a typo in the name thingy

Oh.

17 minutes ago, theogameren said:

bruh i uninstalled it and i looked in the cfg and found this

Hide contents

RESEARCHBODIES:NEEDS[ResearchBodies]
{
    loadAs = mod
    name = OPX-SarusPlus
    ONDISCOVERY
    {
        Vizak = ITS A UFO! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! What's that? Moon? Sarnus is right there? Oh. Uhhh. I'll call it... Vizak. Yes. Definitely not a keysmash.
    Ryla = Stop putting lentils in front of my telescope.
    Masmar = This little guy whizzing around beyond Sarnus' rings must have suffered a beating in its youth, with that giant crater.
    Encethys = This thing is way too bright. Our telescopes are failing to pick out any detail on its surface. Definitely made of ice, though.
    Hypo = Who put this pumice stone in space? I don't think that's where it goes. 
    Phabus = Wow, I'm lucky I found this thing! It really is way out there from the rest of the moon system, I sure hope there isn't anything related to an alien molecule. 
  }
     IGNORELEVELS
  {
       Vizak = true true true true
    Ryla = true true true true
    Masmar = true true true true
    Encethys = true true true true
    Hypo = true true true true
    Phabus = true true true true
    }
}

bro u did a typo in the name thingy

Try adding the "n" and see if that fixes it. I'll change that for the next update alongside an ACTUAL fix for Vizak, Ryla and Phabus since the previous fix made it worse.

4 hours ago, theogameren said:

It worked with urlumplus.

I found the issue (when I was creating the file I forgot what booleans were so it said true when it should have been false)

The next update will include PROPER pqs fixes alongside the sarnusplus research bodies compatibility fix

ANNOUNCEMENT

Hotfixes for reported issues in SarnusPlus and UrlumPlus have been uploaded to their respective github release threads. They are not presently available on Spacedock, because ironically I'm not signed into spacedock on my KSP computer. This will be rectified sometime in the future but for now just use the github link. @theogameren, ResearchBodies at Sarnus should work now, and Vizak, Ryla, Phabus, Dathil, and Lyxis no longer fade to black. 

5 minutes ago, QuadrilateralsAreCool said:

Minor errors: Gryspar has a cone mountain on its north pole, the craters on Hypo have jagged edges. Also, based on the design, Vizak should probably be more inline with the rings.

Gryspar and Hypo's "errors" are intended features. Hypo is a rough and jagged place like its real world analog. If you look at Gryspar's height map, the polar cone is a deliberately drawn feature.

The next update will completely redo the Sarnus system's layout, which will logically include a Vizak and Ryla inclination fix. For now, it shouldn't be difficult to dig into Vizak's config and set the inclination to zero.

14 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Gryspar and Hypo's "errors" are intended features. Hypo is a rough and jagged place like its real world analog. If you look at Gryspar's height map, the polar cone is a deliberately drawn feature.

It must something on my end, then. Looking closer at some other bodies, their textures aren't connecting properly, especially at the poles. Sorry for not looking further first.

6 minutes ago, QuadrilateralsAreCool said:

It must something on my end, then. Looking closer at some other bodies, their textures aren't connecting properly, especially at the poles. Sorry for not looking further first.

Could you send pictures so I know what you're referring to? Normally I ask for logs but I doubt that would help here considering nothing is mechanically wrong with the game

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Could you send pictures so I know what you're referring to? Normally I ask for logs but I doubt that would help here considering nothing is mechanically wrong with the game

I included an example not from a mod. Screenshots taken from two perspectives from the north pole of Masmar to help show possible reason for LOD. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tju_4N7LpbkF1V52Dnt5-rnYGXsCOza2?usp=sharing

15 minutes ago, theogameren said:

It worked, with the exception of Eeloo. Eeloo's code must be different.

Nothing, had a research plan for Eeloo. (what, how? i made a new save and didn't do anything!)

6 hours ago, theogameren said:

It worked, with the exception of Eeloo. Eeloo's code must be different.

I must confess I assumed regular OPM had that taken care of alongside the rest of the moons.

5 hours ago, QuadrilateralsAreCool said:

I included an example not from a mod. Screenshots taken from two perspectives from the north pole of Masmar to help show possible reason for LOD. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tju_4N7LpbkF1V52Dnt5-rnYGXsCOza2?usp=sharing

uh. you gotta make that link viewable by everyone I cant see anything

2 hours ago, QuadrilateralsAreCool said:

Ooh, I see you added a patch for Eeloo Moons (I think), nice! Despite the bugs I may be getting, I will gladly add as many bodies to the stock+ system as I can. Thank you! Are patches like that going to be sporadic?

I find a thing that doesnt work with my mod, I make a patch for it, so yeah

2 hours ago, theogameren said:

I didn't. It would be cool if we could do something with Eeloo moons when we have OPM+OPX installed

I mean, you can now