KSC Enhanced

15 hours ago, MYKori_Rosales said:

I also posted a Reddit post about this mod to the official KSP Subreddit. Here's what I posted yesterday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1eaz9lt/mom_can_we_get_ksc_extended_no_we_have_ksc/

Lol, I love it,
I might also look to that reddit post for little additions/fixes that some may point out ;)

I get a ModuleManager Warning since I don't have JNSQ installed. Can I ignore it or is it something that I need to report?

[WRN 17:26:35.551] more than one :NEEDS tag detected, ignoring all but the first: KSCEnhanced/GrassColors/@STATIC:AFTER[KSCEnhanced]:NEEDS[JNSQ]:NEEDS[zzz_Deferred]
[LOG 17:26:35.552] Deleting root node in file KSCEnhanced/GrassColors node: @STATIC:AFTER[KSCEnhanced]:NEEDS[JNSQ]:NEEDS[zzz_Deferred] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

Edit: I was able to fix it by commenting out the relevant sections in the GrassColors.cfg file

// Stock JNSQ
// @STATIC:AFTER[KSCEnhanced]:NEEDS[JNSQ]
// {
//     @Instances,*:HAS[#Group[KSC?Builtin],!GrassColor2]
//     {
//         @GrasColor = 0.39,0.43,0.36,1
//     }
//     @Instances,*:HAS[#Group[KSC?Builtin],@GrassColor2]
//     {
//         @GrassColor2,*
//         {
//             @GrassColor = 0.39,0.43,0.36,1
//         }
//     }
// }

// - - - - - Deferred Rendering - - - - - -

// KSP with Deferred Rendering

// JNSQ With Deferred Rendering
// @STATIC:AFTER[KSCEnhanced]:NEEDS[JNSQ]:NEEDS[zzz_Deferred]
// {
//     @Instances,*:HAS[#Group[KSC?Builtin],!GrassColor2]
//     {
//         @GrasColor = 0.365,0.39,0.33,1
// 	@TarmacColor = 0.75,0.75,0.75,1
//     }
//     @Instances,*:HAS[#Group[KSC?Builtin],@GrassColor2]
//     {
//         @GrassColor2,*
//         {
//             @GrassColor = 0.365,0.39,0.33,1
// 	    @TarmacColor = 0.75,0.75,0.75,1
//         }
//     }
// }

Edited by feral_fenrir
Fixed a sentence which was in All Caps by mistake; Added the fix I used

@feral_fenrir you don't have to worry about the error. Module manager just checks if you have JNSQ or JNSQ with Deferred rendering to ensure the grass matches color and if you don't the error will appear.

It should not prevent launching in stock, but if it was let me know. This mod is me understanding the KSP mod making experience so I may have missed something in module manager.

@MiraZaWitch Yeah, it didn't affect any game play. I was just ticked off to see "...1 warning" in the loading screen. Like I said, I just commented out the relevant sections of the cfg file.

In any case, thank you for the lovely mod. I like this variant of KSC compared to KSC Extended.

On 7/6/2024 at 4:18 PM, MiraZaWitch said:

- Must Purchase Runways / Launchpads in Career Mode

How do you mean by this? I'm pretty interested, since with KSC Extended I would have to hold off installing the mod until I reach Max runway level, or else it'd look weird with nice roads etc surrounding a dirt runway.

Posted (edited)

@MartyrKomplx there is a feature with Kerbal Konstructs that allows you to purchase runways and other things via the kerbal konstructs menu in career mode. However, KSC Enhanced was meant for Science mode or Sandbox (or late game career mode) since it looks rather odd with the other buildings at level 1 :P

Edited by MiraZaWitch
Clarification

On 7/27/2024 at 11:21 PM, MiraZaWitch said:

@feral_fenrir honestly fair, if I can find a way to hide that I will because I can see that!

No problem! Here's hoping I can revamp it here very soon!

The problem with it throwing the error in the loading screen is it will prevent the MM chance from being made and that will slow down future load times by sometimes up to 5 minutes. So ideally you don't want any errors.

I am using Kerbinside for the other runways across Kerbin but I really prefer the changes this mod makes to the KSC. Using both together causes visual bugs of course. 

How can I go about running these together? I assume there is a way to remove all of the Kerbinside changes to the KSC but leave the other launch facilities?

Posted (edited)

@The_Joe There is a way to remove the other things located at the  KSC from Kerbinside.
Youll have to use the Kerbal Konstructs Placement menu which can be opened by pressing 'Ctrl + K'. Youll have to select each part to then determine what is what. Once the part you found is part of Kerbinside, then you can delete the Konstructs.

Edited by MiraZaWitch

• 2 weeks later...

@SheepDog2142 and anyone else who was expecting a RSS compatible version:

I apologize for raising expectations. I did attempt to work on an RSS compatible update for the last few days but couldn't seem to find a fix to an issue I was coming across. I assumed that the RSS would work like Stock and JNSQ where the space center would retain the new looks but be in a different location, instead it just doesn't seem to appear. I assumed that all I would need to work on would be the coloring of each structure/road/object tile; however I was wrong.
It is unlikely I will work on an RSS and other solar systems compatible update. If I can find a fix I will implement it; however, there is no guarantee as I do modding as just a hobby and am not always active. For now I will put the RSS and other system compatible update aside until I get everything else worked on.

Again,  I do apologize :/

36 minutes ago, MiraZaWitch said:

@SheepDog2142 and anyone else who was expecting a RSS compatible version:

I apologize for raising expectations. I did attempt to work on an RSS compatible update for the last few days but couldn't seem to find a fix to an issue I was coming across. I assumed that the RSS would work like Stock and JNSQ where the space center would retain the new looks but be in a different location, instead it just doesn't seem to appear. I assumed that all I would need to work on would be the coloring of each structure/road/object tile; however I was wrong.
It is unlikely I will work on an RSS and other solar systems compatible update. If I can find a fix I will implement it; however, there is no guarantee as I do modding as just a hobby and am not always active. For now I will put the RSS and other system compatible update aside until I get everything else worked on.

Again,  I do apologize :/

You could possible look at how Canaveral pads gets there's to work. Might be helpful. You have the most balanced KSC ive seen and a really good setup would love to use in in RSS if possible. I understand if not though.
https://github.com/KSP-RO/CanaveralPads/tree/main/GameData/CanaveralPads

Edited by SheepDog2142

@MiraZaWitch   Looks awesome. I can't quite tell from the pictures - do you know if this conflicts with the placement of the Observatory from JPLRepo's Research Bodies mod?

It's located between the Tracking Station and R&D. That spot seems to be empty in the images, but I'm not 100% sure.

@MiraZaWitch I borrowed this little snippet from KSCExtended and got it working with RSS, just put this in a new config file and it's all set.

@STATIC:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]
{
	@Instances,*:HAS[#CelestialBody[Kerbin]]
	{
		@CelestialBody = Earth
	}
}

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]:FOR[KSCEnhanced]
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@SpaceCenter
		{
			@radius = 9000 // 1500
		}
	}
}

Posted (edited)

@diffie wow, worked like a charm. I should've checked what other mods had in place. (This is why this is my first mod, learning the ropes of KSP modding).
Thanks for this! I will get the update out when I can and when I fix a few bugs; busy schedule.

Edited by MiraZaWitch

12 hours ago, diffie said:

@MiraZaWitch I borrowed this little snippet from KSCExtended and got it working with RSS, just put this in a new config file and it's all set.

@STATIC:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]
{
	@Instances,*:HAS[#CelestialBody[Kerbin]]
	{
		@CelestialBody = Earth
	}
}

@Kopernicus:NEEDS[RealSolarSystem]:FOR[KSCEnhanced]
{
	@Body[Kerbin]
	{
		@SpaceCenter
		{
			@radius = 9000 // 1500
		}
	}
}

You are awesome!

On 9/8/2024 at 7:33 PM, NoSTs said:

Hi, I added your mod (with credit) to the Kerbal Konstructs kompendium List:

Hey, I read this one on Reddit, and I'm currently working on my Custom KSC Mod (Using leitmotifs from the KSC Extended Mod) :)

Spoiler

Screenshot-2024-09-07-135951.png