Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Drop over Jool was successful! Introducing the first Jool surface* base!

5S2GCnH.png

*It's anchored to Jool's surface via grappling hooks and anchors 50m up, to avoid the Kraken.

You used my suggestion! :D

Now make a city. That'd be amazing.

I see all you people doing crazy things like landing on Jool and building bases. I cant even make an SSTO without using infinite fuel (jet air intakes blow out around 14,000m and only make 200m/s with jet engines. By the time I get that high I end up stalling) or dock two ships without hydro tech mod. KSS Mt Sinai was made without infinite fuel but had to use hydrojeb.

I see all you people doing crazy things like landing on Jool and building bases. I cant even make an SSTO without using infinite fuel (jet air intakes blow out around 14,000m and only make 200m/s with jet engines. By the time I get that high I end up stalling) or dock two ships without hydro tech mod. KSS Mt Sinai was made without infinite fuel but had to use hydrojeb.

MOAR INTAKES.

also shallower ascent. higher speed = more air for the intakes = higher flight ceiling = higher speed etc... once you start getting close to your ceiling, level off and take it slow, building speed gradually. Also toggle off your intakes with your jet engines to cut drag when switching to rockets.

Back off the throttle. You have to manage the thrust of the jet engines against the lower air intake because of the thinner atmosphere. .

Pic unrelated.

screenshot43yh.png