Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

2013_06_11_00002.jpg

He flew here all the way from Kerbin on his little ion spacebike and successfully docked for his transfer to the post on Minmus OASIS. As soon as docking was completed everything forward of the docking port on his spacebike spontaneously exploded, and sent him and what was left of the bike hurtling down to the minmus surface. There's not enough left of him to scrape off the surface in a rescue mission. :c

I present to you the latest in shot range single kerbal transport technology

The KSB (Kerbal Space Bike) MK 5

1004425_10200192773877386_1336495850_n.jpg

This small craft uses two small engines and rcs trusters to propel it through space.

However it is so far only able to be brought up by the Shuttle Intrepid

8636_10200192795277921_530618079_n.jpg

Kerbals can also use it to make their friends jealous.

1004741_10200192804758158_2134196843_n.jpg

Size comparison of the KSB MK 5 to the Intrepid

1005700_10200192819598529_758011756_n.jpg

I think Jebadiah will like his new toy

1009928_10200192829278771_565929809_n.jpg

Voyager1Kerbin.jpg

My little replica of the Voyager 1 craft, nowhere near perfect, but all stock. Just started with the game, so I started with something small and simple. You'll notice the orbit velocity is 10368 m/s whereas the Voyager 1 is more like 17000 m/s or something like that. Also still in orbit with the sun, have a apoapsis of around 22 million Km. I messed up my staging and used over half my Nerva's fuel trying to circle an orbit around Kerbin before heading out for solar escape velocity :(

1001645_10200182356496958_1311267198_n.jpg

Finaly finished the KSS Mt. Sinai. Now all it needs is a few space bikes and more crew

What I need to add now is new living quarters. If someone would build me one I ll do my best to copy it and add it to KSS Mt. Sinai.

hehe thats cool :D

Meanwhile, because i play stock, rather than mine with Kethane extractors we called out the drill squad... and yes Jeb is with them.

K3czBjS.png

Then after a mild crash Luford seemed to be paralyzed.....

Mt4s6GJ.png

For your viewing Pleasure, I present my version of the Aliens APC, the M577/a A Very durable, and reliable Unit, low center of gravity makes flipping it very difficult even in the most gravity deprived places. If flips, it genrally lands on its feet. Opening side door, and drivers door reveals interior, Deployable turret, retractable wheel system, 4 way steering.

screenshot5_zps1d256296.png

screenshot4_zps0a909998.png

screenshot3_zpsb6720ef1.png

screenshot2_zpsd5c3d25d.png

A must for planetary landings, LOL.

For your viewing Pleasure, I present my version of the Aliens APC, the M577/a A Very durable, and reliable Unit, low center of gravity makes flipping it very difficult even in the most gravity deprived places. If flips, it genrally lands on its feet. Opening side door, and drivers door reveals interior, Deployable turret, retractable wheel system, 4 way steering.

[...photo snip...]

A must for planetary landings, LOL.

You unforgivable, regrettable TEASE!! I know at least one Kerbalnut (namely, me) who would LOVE to have access to that for giving the EPA an excuse to place "destruction of natural environment" restrictions on the Mün, but NO!! You just post PICTURES of it and leave us simply frustrated and wishing we were half as cool as your mangling-the-hell-out-of-other-worlds'-landscapes-tank-having self!

(Totally messing around there, but seriously, got a mod pack to download for this? Pretty plz?!)

I see NASA shuttles, Russian capsules, Star Trek/Wars ships, 'Alien' dropship and APC and many many more. What fun is it to introduce existing designs into KSP, a game where you can design and build your own ships/vehicles? I do appreciate the designs and the references to some epic movies but what's the point? I don't get it. Wouldn't it be much more fun and rewarding to recreate those vehicles with Kerbal parts. Yes, it can sometimes be immensely difficult to build re-creations AND make them function properly but that's exactly what it's all about.

I see NASA shuttles, Russian capsules, Star Trek/Wars ships, 'Alien' dropship and APC and many many more. What fun is it to introduce existing designs into KSP, a game where you can design and build your own ships/vehicles? I do appreciate the designs and the references to some epic movies but what's the point? I don't get it. Wouldn't it be much more fun and rewarding to recreate those vehicles with Kerbal parts. Yes, it can sometimes be immensely difficult to build re-creations AND make them function properly but that's exactly what it's all about.

Name one game that allows you to play with any of those things in a sandbox environment. Orbiter has a NASA shuttle, but the learning curve for that simulator is extremely steep. So what about the Russian rockets and ISS mods? Are there any games out there that let you try to re-create your own versions of the missions those real-world constructions have been on?

No.

KSP presents more than just a core "Lego-style" rocket building game. It also provides a physics engine that opens the door for at least a crude emulation of real world or movie constructions. I for one am interested in at least trying them out. At least they're adding some additional dimensions of interest to the game.

The problem with trying to re-create everything entirely with core game parts is that sometimes the aforementioned basic nature of the physics engine just makes them too difficult to work with. How close can you get to re-creating the ISS before your system melts down due to too many parts?

My mun flag

Tdyqs5A.png

You unforgivable, regrettable TEASE!! I know at least one Kerbalnut (namely, me) who would LOVE to have access to that for giving the EPA an excuse to place "destruction of natural environment" restrictions on the Mün, but NO!! You just post PICTURES of it and leave us simply frustrated and wishing we were half as cool as your mangling-the-hell-out-of-other-worlds'-landscapes-tank-having self!

(Totally messing around there, but seriously, got a mod pack to download for this? Pretty plz?!)

They are cool looking, but seriously I didn't make these meshes, I made the models for ksp out of someone else's work ( with his permissions) our man Devo has the APC and Dropship AVAILIBLE for download at the space port. He made his meshes, and they are quite awesome. But I figured I should put some images up. Like I stated,

***DISCLAIMER***

The models shown are imported 3d meshes from free3dmeshes.com, although the conversion took some doing, I in no way lay claim to these models as my own works. Very talented people put these together, I merely adapted them for use in the game, and in agreement with real modellers, I will refer to the ones AVAILIBLE for download at the space port, mine are for examples only. But enjoy the images.

They are cool looking, but seriously I didn't make these meshes, I made the models for ksp out of someone else's work ( with his permissions) our man Devo has the APC and Dropship AVAILIBLE for download at the space port. He made his meshes, and they are quite awesome. But I figured I should put some images up. Like I stated,

***DISCLAIMER***

The models shown are imported 3d meshes from free3dmeshes.com, although the conversion took some doing, I in no way lay claim to these models as my own works. Very talented people put these together, I merely adapted them for use in the game, and in agreement with real modellers, I will refer to the ones AVAILIBLE for download at the space port, mine are for examples only. But enjoy the images.

Oh, I see.

Well, please do be aware I was being completely facetious. The pics are awesome, but I wasn't actually accusing you of anything. :)

Also, thanks very much for the pointer to the existing download!