Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

This is the Hermeon Explorer 2. It's meant to go to Moho. God knows if it actually will. (The Hermeon Explorer 1 never left Kerbin's SOI, and killed its entire crew.)

ATHFmyj.jpg

It was designed to be launched in three sections, and thanks to design mistakes and a rendezvous that turned into a high-speed collision it only took eleven! It's finally ready, though, albeit surrounded by a swarm of smashed engine bells and the final stages of launchers I didn't remember to deorbit before their probe brains ran out of power.

Hello, thought I would share my little "accident". After messing around with solid rocket boosters, I built a three stage rocket with 19 Roccomax solid boosters and it ended up on a pretty impressive orbit around the sun, with Apoapsis of 2002663375978km :)

screenshot16_zpsa1ae1e46.png

Big-O after flying East across the ocean. Thought it looked cool here. I did manage to land it safely, though an engine hit the ground and was destroyed.

MylCu9r.jpg

Note the time. This thing is unbelievably fast due to its ability to fly fast and at high altitude. Pretty much goes all the way up to 22km.

the MEM

VEuholZl.png

the journy home shall begin now

9018822397_e990ce7e51_b.jpg

screenshot108 by moon-man1, on Flickr

MEM return vehicle arrives at Duna. Due to design errors, the ascent vehicle didn't have RCS; I thought I was doomed. But then KAS came to the rescue. With some quick modification to some .cfg's, my kerbonauts can now grab and place things such as lights, parachutes, and more importantly: RCS thrusters and fuel.

Shown here is our kerbonaut about to assemble the RCS system

9021049488_ac1ff73f5e_b.jpg

docked

9018821329_d45d0245d2_c.jpg

ascent vehicle deorbited with remaining fuel, created a nice cloud of debris after the self-destruct ring (read: decoupler that you see on the command pod) was activated. It's a teense difficult to see here, but trust me there was lots of debris

9090361480_85b6905f14_o.png

my favorite two pics:

9021119878_ddc2a2418c_b.jpg

9021120594_db4e7b1a28_b.jpg

can you guess what continent this is? (got this completely by chance). Short story short, they landed 35 km away, leading me to send a rescue mission.

9021121484_1f287b8598_c.jpg

9090401126_fbe1ee3de3_z.jpg

screenshot146 by moon-man1, on Flickr

Edited by KAO

The little thrust lasts? I've tried a couple times to do something like that, but it never worked...

If you try, could you orbit? (Even if it takes forever to get the speed:-D )

Yes, it works just fine :) Though, I doubt that it could reach orbit as it seemed to have a hard time going anywhere higher than 600 meters. I suppose I could do some more testing on that, however. :)

Just a couple of shots from my mission to expand Outreach Colony.

ltBoPXYl.png

I decided that the poor sods at Outreach had gone long enough without being able to grow masses of food, so a greenhouse module was sent on its way to Duna.

aFnj00Kl.png

Naturally, Ike got in the way a few times...

u8TwFjMl.jpg

...but after a while, we got a nice new module on the surface. Unfortunately, I can't align it any better for it is out of fuel. Oh well, they have more food now, which leads to more snacks, which is always a plus in Kerbal society (it's illegal to prevent a Kerbal from snacking).

I like to make GIFs,

looRY5v.gif

Best.

Picture.

Evar.

Anyway, how did you make that Mün picture(if i am right, it is mun)

It is! I edited the texture on one of the Utility Panels, one of the slightly older mods. Then I slapped two of the "sets" onto a ship (for balance) and sent it to Duna. The ship actually ended up being way over-fueled, meaning it has just enough Delta-V to return Archibald, Nedble, and Doodmy home safely!

-snip-

...but after a while, we got a nice new module on the surface. Unfortunately, I can't align it any better for it is out of fuel. Oh well, they have more food now, which leads to more snacks, which is always a plus in Kerbal society (it's illegal to prevent a Kerbal from snacking).

Where did you get that greenhouse module?