Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

evil_monkey.gif

:D

Isn't that the monkey from Family Guy? I don't watch the show, so I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain it is. As for why you're making him point at me... well, what have I done? You put a :D after the evil monkey, so whatever I've done can't be all that bad, right? RIGHT?!

(I'm obviously not getting whatever reference you're throwing at me, just so you know. You're lucky I actually recognised the monkey...)

Isn't that the monkey from Family Guy? I don't watch the show, so I'm not sure, but I'm pretty certain it is. As for why you're making him point at me... well, what have I done? You put a :D after the evil monkey, so whatever I've done can't be all that bad, right? RIGHT?!

(I'm obviously not getting whatever reference you're throwing at me, just so you know. You're lucky I actually recognised the monkey...)

Hahahaa

It's meant to convey "Yooooouuuuu!!" as in: "You dirty cheater!"

the :D was to make sure it's known I'm being light-hearted and facetious about it anyway.

Hahahaa

It's meant to convey "Yooooouuuuu!!" as in: "You dirty cheater!"

the :D was to make sure it's known I'm being light-hearted and facetious about it anyway.

Ah yes, I will admit to being a terrible and truly horrific human kerbal being, in this case. Horrendous crime against all things good. On the flip side though, I have a self-sustaining warp engine. Hmm, if only such a device existed in reality... ah well, I guess I'll just have to accept the mantle of dirty cheater for now :P

I probably won't even use it all that much for a little bit, seeing as I've got a rather large (and as yet unused...) interplanetary cruiser sitting in Kerbin orbit equipped with just LV-N engines. Would be a terrible waste to see that ship consigned to history before it flew on its mission (which I am leaving until the performance boost originally meant for 0.22 gets added into the game). In fact, here's a picture of that ship, in 0.21.1 (hence the old gold dishes):

gJ1We1Z.png

It's pretty big, and I hope it can actually manage its mission. Only time will tell...

Ah yes, I will admit to being a terrible and truly horrific human kerbal being, in this case. Horrendous crime against all things good. On the flip side though, I have a self-sustaining warp engine. Hmm, if only such a device existed in reality... ah well, I guess I'll just have to accept the mantle of dirty cheater for now :P

Don't take it personally; it was issued more out of envy, due to the fact I can't run the mod at all with my memory load running at the very edge of overflow. Hehehehe

First operational flight of the Munar SLS with Alcor LEM.

1. HOW?! That's beautiful!

2. Is the payload fairing from KW? I've never seen it.

3. What mod is the service module from? I recognize the capsule, and the capsule's from KW, but I've never seen that fuel tank.

4. Teach us your secrets! :D

beautiful. I've always had trouble with the fairings housing the LEM suffering structural failures. how are you handling that?
1. HOW?! That's beautiful!

2. Is the payload fairing from KW? I've never seen it.

3. What mod is the service module from? I recognize the capsule, and the capsule's from KW, but I've never seen that fuel tank.

4. Teach us your secrets! :D

Thank you both! I appreciate the kind words. :)

I used Procedural Fairings for the payload. All I did was place the interstage fairing adapter below the decoupler for the LEM, then fiddle with the height and radius until it butted against the service module the way I wanted.

As an insurance policy, I use the Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod from Ferram. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-22-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v1-4-2-Properly-Rigid-Part-Connections

It's allowed me to get quite a bit more ambitious with my designs with only a fraction of the struts.

The service module and the decoupler for the capsule are SuperNovy's creations, available on the SpacePort. The engine is from KW, as are the RCS blocks. The capsule itself is Ledenko's "Apollo-like crew module." http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48867-WIP-Apollo-like-crew-module

Decided to re-create Cassini/Huygens. successful mission to Jool and all of its moons. Landed Huygens on Laythe to conduct scientific experiments.

Testing Cassini's Systems on the launch pad.

KaIgu7B.jpg?1?2372

Liftoff from KSC on the Titan IV-B with Centaur upper stage.

hT4QmuS.jpg?1

Booster Separation and boost into orbit

wh8ILsW.jpg?1

Payload Faring separation(had to turn the Spacecraft sideways because of the long antenna sticking out, also you can see the Huygens heatsheild on the side).

CEekXN7.jpg?1

Cassini on flyby trajectory at Vall(decoupled Huygens while in orbit around Laythe and landed safely).

ly71kk1.jpg?1

How'd you manage to get it balanced with and without Huygens?

It was a matter of just vectoring the engine on an angle so it didn't spin out of control when I had the Huygens(although the Huygens didn't weigh much anyway, it was just a small thin probe with a circular battery pack and parachute along with small science experiments), but the main reason for an angled engine was because of the long I-beam that sticks out or the probe.