Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Interplanetary Vessel KSS Aurora is finally ready to depart. It took 4 launches and some assembly in orbit. I LOVE those new KAS EVA struts!!

2013-11-12_00014%20(Andere).jpg

2013-11-12_00029%20(Andere).jpg

It has a 3m Nuclear Thermal Rocket bringing this baby up to 8000dV, a Utility Bay with a 1-Kerbal Lander, a Science Lab and much more. In case of emergency my Kerbals can use the front Section as Lifeboat.

Docked on the underside is my trusty Kerberos Crew Shuttle (Dragon/Orion Ripoff) in which the Crew arrived.

Edited by Umlüx

Might I suggest uploading your image to an image-sharing site first and linking from there? I'm afraid the forum can't pull images straight from your own computer's hard drive.

To be fair, it looks like he *is* trying to link to a running webserver (running at home), so points for the attempted hail mary. :D

Interplanetary Vessel KSS Aurora is finally ready to depart. It took 4 launches and some assembly in orbit. I LOVE those new KAS EVA struts!!

Holy frijoles! I like what you've done with that thing! It looks so... mechanical and jam-packed with equipment like I'd expect something that big to look. VERY cool!

Questions:

What is that nose spar from? and

What the heck are the glowing orange panel doo-hickeys near the aft section? I've been seeing those around but have no idea what they're about.

Holy frijoles! I like what you've done with that thing! It looks so... mechanical and jam-packed with equipment like I'd expect something that big to look. VERY cool!

Questions:

What is that nose spar from? and

What the heck are the glowing orange panel doo-hickeys near the aft section? I've been seeing those around but have no idea what they're about.

Heat sinks from the Interstellar pack.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.umluex.at/bilder/ksp/2013-11-12_00014%20(Andere).jpg%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.umluex.at/bilder/ksp/2013-11-12_00029%20(Andere).jpg%7Boption%7D

It has a 3m Nuclear Thermal Rocket bringing this baby up to 8000dV, a Utility Bay with a 1-Kerbal Lander, a Science Lab and much more. In case of emergency my Kerbals can use the front Section as Lifeboat.

Docked on the underside is my trusty Kerberos Crew Shuttle (Dragon/Orion Ripoff) in which the Crew arrived.

What's that cockpit? I see that around quite alot

I found some old pics of the largest transfer stage I have ever launched:

fvuk.jpg

08jx.jpg

As it was just a proof of concept it was promptly deorbited without ever seeing a payload, and I never did get around to making a payload worthy of its throw weight.

Whatever squad did in the last couple update really made Duna look like crap, as well as made it very boring. Is there anyway to get the old one back?

Looks like you forgot to turn on terrain scatters. :P

Duna with which mods (and textures)?

That would be the super awesome Universe Replacer, using this texture.

After fiddling for maybe 45 minutes, I finally got the warp drive from KSP Interstellar to function on its own, so I took it for a spin:

wQB743M.png

I went out to Moho, figured that I'd never manage to make orbit, and headed back to Kerbin. A 3 or 4 day mission overall, but it was merely a test flight to see that I had done everything right.

iKsSQSc.png

The solution to my problem was very simple, actually; have the warp rings themselves produce the exotic matter they require, instead of relying on the reactors. I went to the config file of the RTG for inspiration, seeing as that little thing produces electricity all the time, and applied it to the warp drive, obviously changing the resource being produced to exotic matter. I also didn't want to have to put up with waste heat, so that just went right of the config files. Et voila! A warp drive that doesn't require too much hassle. Obviously, it's way more OP than the original warp drives that came with the mod, as it doesn't need the reactors and the radiators and what-not, but this is my game. MIIIIINE.

Now to go and combine this with some B9 goodness, methinks.

The solution to my problem was very simple, actually; have the warp rings themselves produce the exotic matter they require, instead of relying on the reactors. I went to the config file of the RTG for inspiration, seeing as that little thing produces electricity all the time, and applied it to the warp drive, obviously changing the resource being produced to exotic matter. I also didn't want to have to put up with waste heat, so that just went right of the config files-

evil_monkey.gif

:D

pTGEy8Kh.jpg

How low can you go? Wide open throttle with an engine (made by me) that produces 1680 thrust. And yes, Bill survived. I'm not cruel enough to post something like that if I killed one of the big 3. Jeb's in orbit, comfortable in the space station.