Kerbal Air Combat

The lift provided by winglets is really very broken (but I'm sure this is known and being worked on). On landing approach, I have managed to go to 90 degrees angle of attack. And it didn't stall. So that plane will 'fly' down to about 10 m/s with its nose pointed vertical. Of course it still explodes instantly upon touching the runway.

I tried firing rockets from it, but anything slung underneath makes it unflyable. A completely different design might work though.

And I'm a bit worried over the behavior of parts that have separated from the main craft. I've been able to build planes that can glide by themselves (using fins and/or radial decouplers on the top to create positive pitching moment, to keep the nose up). This works as long as the active capsule is there. If you duplicate the entire thing, but now separate it so that it's on its own, it will just go into a sort of parabolic dive.

Furthermore, SAS modules that are jettisoned no longer function. I think if they are 'on' at the time of jettison, they should remain active *for the stage they are attached to*. I think these fixes are necessary for 're-usable parts' for more traditional rockets as the game progresses.

If you modded an SRB to allow it to fire when already detached you could mount it on the nose of your craft and use a LES to pull it clear..... although you would have to mod the command pod to allow a 1m decoupler to be attached to the nose

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.