[1.12.X] MinimalMainMenu | v1.0.2 (Initial Release)

Minimal Main Menu

Bfw6zq0.jpeg

A very simple mod that skips animations on the main menu, and condenses all major options into a single page, to reduce that 1 second of waiting while starting a new game or loading an existing one. Yes, I'm impatient :P

Should be on CKAN soon, but in the meantime here's a download link: 

https://github.com/coldrifting/MinimalMainMenu/releases/latest

Edited by Coldrifting

2 hours ago, Coldrifting said:

Minimal Main Menu

357663727-e50a33ba-d9ff-44d9-bfff-8db547

A very simple mod that skips animations on the main menu, and condenses all major options into a single page, to reduce that 1 second of waiting while starting a new game or loading an existing one. Yes, I'm impatient :P

Should be on CKAN soon, but in the meantime here's a download link: 

https://github.com/coldrifting/MinimalMainMenu/releases/latest

FYI that image link is borked. 

@Coldrifting   Nice little mod. Thumbs up from me.

Feature request: Running JNSQ and True Volumetric Clouds means the main menu takes quite a while to be accessible as it loads all the clouds etc. on Kerbin first.

Any chance you could remove Kerbin from the main  menu so that it loads more quickly? I'm happy to have my main menu kerbals floating randomly in deep space.

4 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Feature request: Running JNSQ and True Volumetric Clouds means the main menu takes quite a while to be accessible as it loads all the clouds etc. on Kerbin first.

Any chance you could remove Kerbin from the main  menu so that it loads more quickly? I'm happy to have my main menu kerbals floating randomly in deep space.

Seconded.  With or without JNSQ, True Volumetric Clouds makes the title screen noticeably hang for a bit.  Removing Kerbin would fix that right up.

*** EDIT ***

Even better, if it is feasible, I would love to see the SPH default view on the title screen.  For better or worse, I spend more time there than anywhere else while playing, so why not embrace it?

Edited by aviin

Hmm I don’t think the sph assets are loaded at the main menu and I don’t know Unity and KSP enough to do that, but I could look into removing Kerbin, I was thinking about doing it. I’d have to double check if it actually saves any time though, not sure if it’s something I can adjust. I’d also want to make sure it doesn’t cause scatter etc to cause NREs or something. Schools starting up again though so we’ll see if I have time.

anyway to disable any background stuff like the kerbals or the planet. Once RSS and Volumetric clouds are added that real planet rendering really slows things down. Id much rather have just black space or stars or something far less resource intensive.