[WIP] Kolony Constructs - v0.2

This is my first mod here, I hope you enjoy!

Kolony Constructs aims to add a suite of new parts and statics for building bases and colonies.

What this mod adds (so far)

ESA "Moon village" inspired parts/statics

Screenshots:

Spoiler

2Sf6w1H.pngEH1Hlei.png1yfhTaS.png

0WGxpjg.png

R5TQTwQ.png

wBpFNd5.png

All 4 domes come with KK statics as a regolith covering (the colour is also tweakable for all statics)

1l7P9XP.png

Also has 3 regolith landing blast shields, landing pad from OSSNTR

Full album

Required mods:

Module manager

Kerbal Konstructs

Stockalike station parts expansion redux (for the inflatable dome logic)

Highly recommended mods:

Planetside exploration technologies (for the airlocks and staircases shown in the screenshots)

OSSNTR

Roadmap & Future Plans:

IVA's

Compatibility with other mods (USI, MKS, Kerbalism)

KSP2 inspired colony parts/statics

?????

Download (Beta):

Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/3704/Kolony Constructs

Github: https://github.com/Lonelykermit/Kolony-Constructs

LICENSE: GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE,  Version 3, 29 June 2007

Edited by Lonelykermit

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Don0303 said:

oh i LOVE this! If you are looking to add IVAs id be happy to give some tips!

Oh yeah i'm planning to add IVA's ASAP, I'd love to hear your suggestions since they're aren't many pictures of the interior of the original ESA concept.

Edited by Lonelykermit

16 hours ago, Lonelykermit said:

Oh yeah i'm planning to add IVA's ASAP, I'd love to hear your suggestions since they're aren't many pictures of the interior of the original ESA concept.

i think good practice is to make a generic base, then fill it with props based on what you want the module to be for, possibly using an IVA switching plugin to allow for one part to serve multiple purposes. seems the proposed layout is 2 floors separated at the top of the airlock doorframe, though maybe having the second floor as a mezzanine on some variants could help with style, variety, and fitting large props

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, modus said:

So how does this work, do you land the parts, and then inflate them?

Anyway, looking good!

Thinking of making a sort of tutorial once I release this mod (soon). But basically you land your part (along with an airlock), right click inflate the module, then using Kerbal Konstructs place a regolith mound of your choice to cover it.

v0.2 Release

> Added VAB Organiser support
> Fixed CoM issue
> Added new airlock part

R5TQTwQ.png

Edited by Lonelykermit

12 minutes ago, Lonelykermit said:

Thinking of making a sort of tutorial once I release this mod (soon). But basically you land your part (along with an airlock), right click inflate the module, then using Kerbal Konstructs place a regolith mound of your choice to cover it.

v0.2 Release

> Added VAB Organiser support
> Fixed CoM issue
> Added new airlock part

airlock

Allright great, thx.

Your picture (of the airlock) doesn't work for me, the ones in your other post do:P

7 minutes ago, modus said:

Allright great, thx.

Your picture (of the airlock) doesn't work for me, the ones in your other post do:P

Fixed, it's because i was dumb and decided to use github instead of imgur.

2 hours ago, Lonelykermit said:

For the IVA's I don't think i'll be able to make it compatible with FreeIva, mostly due to my incompetence and lack of knowledge :p.

20 hours ago, Lonelykermit said:

Currently tearing my hair out trying to get ksp parttools to add props. God i hate unity.

anything specific youre having issues with? ive plenty of experience with making stuff for freeIVA and would love to help!

1 hour ago, Lonelykermit said:

After multiple unity and PC crashes I think I'm on course to adding IVA props and hopefully adding FreeIva support. @Don0303 I'll notify you if i encounter any issues or need help.

glad to hear! if you get really stuck the guy who makes FreeIVA is really helpful and helped me a ton as well

@Don0303I'm a bit confused when it comes to the tube for the hatches, I'm planning on using one of the tubes already included with the FreeIva mod but i don't know if i have to place it in the hatch model itself or i just have to specify it in the config file. Could you clarify?

46 minutes ago, Lonelykermit said:

@Don0303I'm a bit confused when it comes to the tube for the hatches, I'm planning on using one of the tubes already included with the FreeIva mod but i don't know if i have to place it in the hatch model itself or i just have to specify it in the config file. Could you clarify?

basically, you just need to add the hatch prop that comes with Freeiva, give it a HatchConfig module in the cfg, and then it will automatically create a tube to whatever it's connected to. beyond that id need to see more specifics about what you have and what you want to help out more

actually i should clarify the HatchConfig isnt always necessary, FreeIVA is able to assign hatches to nodes automatically, but using HatchConfig  allows you to create some custom behaviours if you're doing anything more complex than having a hatch in the exact same place as a node