Test pilot wanted

ThePyrateCaptain

Test pilot wanted, requirements,

Must have an awesome computer as this model is very detailed, it runs fine on my system, p4, 2gig, 1gig video, running 0.18.4

YTadd_zps083eca19.png

This isnt your mothers bottle rocket, this baby has it all, repulsors, HYPERDRIVE FTL engines, it basically defies the laws of the physics, (although the FTL is buggy, and in a state of repair)

It is a huge model, but I simply refuse to cut it down for slow machines, it is after all the MILLENNIUM FALCON.

screenshot117_zps813bd5be.png

Am still working on animated features, like I stated before, machine has to be good,

[-moderator snip-]

Edited by KasperVld

I simply refuse to cut it down for slow machines

I don't think that's a good idea. Believe you me, you'll end up with posts/PMs saying "YOUR MOD SUCKS, I CANT RUN IT, MAKE IT BETTER." It's happened before, and I'm just trying to save you some headache.

Uhm.. Your machine specs arent even that high,im geusing any one can use this mod

Well I figured I would warn people, it runs smoothly enough on my machine, except the FTL which has an unfortunate side effect, I haven't done the nav computer yet, so it's really hit n miss, mostly hit other things. And the model is a public model, but I divided it up into like 8 parts. Easy enough to assembly, just finished solar system testing it, working on animated landing gear and boarding ramp. It's scale however, as in the Kerb's can stand underneath it almost all the way under it. Was going for realism, the vessel takes time to load into the game, and after its built it takes about 30-40 seconds to load. Havnt timed it yet. Just don't want People crying about that. And Cepheus? I hear ya, but hey, this ain't no bottle rocket, it's a hard core alien (to the Kerb's) starship. Is squad ever adds another solar system to the game, it will have the head start in getting there. A buddy is doing the mod for hyperspace, don't have the final version yet, even though he don't play the game, he loves the language.

More teaser shots, note the altitude and speed, she'll get up to 2150 in the atmosphere.

screenshot131_zps7928bb71.png

After making an uncalculated hyper jump, (and missing Eeloo by mere miles), lost power on the main power unit. Not sure why.

screenshot120_zps68cf4a4e.png

Fortunately the back up generator worked to get me back home. Had to end flight, no power makes a landing difficult.

screenshot121_zpsd1402d19.png

Oh, and to answer the question about credit due where it's due?

According to Star Wars creator George Lucas, the Millennium Falcon's design was inspired by a hamburger, with the cockpit being an olive on the side. The ship originally had a more elongated appearance, but the similarity to the Eagle Transporters in Space: 1999 prompted Lucas to change the Falcon's design.[1] The original model was modified, re-scaled, and used as Princess Leia's ship, Tantive IV.[3]

The sound of the ship traveling through hyperspace comes from two tracks of the engine noise of a McDonnell Douglas DC-9, with one track slightly out of synchronization with the other.[4] To this, sound designer Ben Burtt added the hum of the cooling fans on the motion-control rig at ILM.[4]

[edit]Models and sets

This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2009)

Visually, the Millennium Falcon was represented by several models and external and internal sets. For A New Hope, a partial exterior set was constructed and the set dressed as Docking Bay 94 and the Death Star hangar. Besides the functional landing gear, an additional support held up the structure and was disguised as a fuel line. The interior set included the starboard ring corridor, the boarding ramp, cockpit access tunnel, gun turret ladder, secret compartments, and the forward hold. The cockpit was constructed as a separate set that could be rocked when the ship was supposed to shake. Several inconsistencies exist between the internal set and the external set, the cockpit access tunnel angle being the most noticeable.

[-moderator snip-] as for the 3d models origin? A scanned model, dumped on a starship website, along time ago, in a galaxy far far away, so yeah it's mine.

Edited by KasperVld

WOW! Imagine that! The model was designed after a hamburger, modified by none other than George himself, as for the 3d models origin? A scanned model, dumped on a starship website, along time ago, in a galaxy far far away, so yeah it's mine.

thank you thats all I was asking for, recognition you did not create the mesh.

Well, for cases like this the Dutch have a saying that goes: "Beter goed gejat, dan slecht bedacht." Which means: Better nicked it good, than ill designed.

So I don't care if he created it or not, but if he wants to export our beloved flacon to ksp, he'd better make a very nice IVA, including one very hairy kerbal. And why not downgrading the model a bit for the average system? If you finished IVA, I want to give it a try.

People, these forums are not the place for fighting and flaming: please keep it friendly.

@ThePyrateCaptain: after reading through all of this and noting you did not create the original model for this spaceship I would like to ask you to make sure you are allowed to distribute this model. Even if it is old and abandoned, intellectual property right still applies.

Edited by KasperVld