[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

My guess is that the warp drive from interstellar will come into use one of these chapters

Just the antimatter drives would be bad, but the warp drives? Hmm, wonder how long they'll take to manufacture the systems to generate exotic matter for the drive systems? Would that be multiples of square root of minus one days? :D I 'imagine' it would.

After all this is The Grand Tour. Eeloo is still feeling horribly lonely and excluded out there. So I can't help but wonder, would human intervention from NASA and their warp drives make this possible and complete the tour?

Unless he manages a really complicated (and long winded) series of slingshot maneouvers around many planets I don't think the Proteus has the fuel to get to Eeloo any more. No matter what a reactivated Berty tries.

Hunams? Them pink squiggly, ungainly, big things? Nawwww, pure scifi! Go back to playing Human Space Program!

Got to admit, I had a suspicion when I first saw NASA on the side of the Duna lander, and it had attention drawn do it via dialogue. But then again, it could just be in-universe justification for why such a symbol appeared on the vessel... we'll see.

Red airlock... Numerous threats to throw someone out of airlock..

Someone's going out there. He's not coming back.

Please be Rozer, please be Rozer

Someone or... DUN DUN DUNNNNNN Something? How big is Berty's core anyway? :P

Red airlock... Numerous threats to throw someone out of airlock..

Someone's going out there. He's not coming back.

Please be Rozer, please be Rozer

As always no spoilers from me BUT I can confirm that this screenshot and Rozer are somewhat... connected.

As always no spoilers from me BUT I can confirm that this screenshot and Rozer are somewhat... connected.

I've actually run out of hate for him at this stage. I respect his badassery and he does have a point in what he says about Jeb (especially given what we've last seen) and the odds of survival for the Duna team. Still dislike him on a personal level but that's different. I also foresee some sort of heroic sacrifice but as yet predictions haven't really been coming true so much...

[...] I also foresee some sort of heroic sacrifice but as yet predictions haven't really been coming true so much...

Oh come on! I have actually come to a point where I started to really understand him and why he did what he did - also, I somewhat really dislike Jeb right now. He might have been a hero in the Jool Mission (last AAR), but since the start of this one he just became a wreck more and more. Well, I always seem to like the wrong characters - first Bob, now Rozer, where is this going to end :D (Actually, if everyone else is going to die [i suspect that'll be the case], I hope Jeb dies too.)

...wait.

The rover said NASA?

Given that this is czokletmuss we're talking about, regular humans have infiltrated the Kerbol system and taken control of the Duna base! They took the Kerbals and left to do Science on them! What a plot twist!

Or, as always, I am barking up the wrong tree, and this was just an insignificant part of the rover's mod texture.

We will see. (Also, czokletmuss, can you confirm or deny this statement, so I'm not on tenterhooks? :) )

[EDIT: Ninja'd by about a page. Serves me right for not reading all of the comments.]

Edited by UpsilonAerospace

So... this a wretched demi-spoiler? 'Eric the half a spoiler'? Hums tune... with all the right notes, though not necessarily in the right order.

Oh, and do I need add 'Dun Dun... oh why bother? Everyone knows by now :D

(And in case you hadn't figured it out I'm just in a silly mood right now... OK, when am I not in a silly mood? Hmmm...)

Edited by Patupi

I'm gonna break the chain here and say I feel Rozer isn't actually the Big Bad here.

Who is, now, that's a good question. BERTY? KSC? Kod? The Kylons? Who knows?

That's a very good question - and I'm curious what are your opinions :) Which reminds me of this:

Leaderboard of „The Grand Tour†Tropes Contest

Points as on 24th April:

1. gutza1 (17)

2. QuesoExplosivo (12)

3. The Error (5)

4. PwnedDuck (2)

5. Revenchant, Bioman22, Raptor831 (1)

He came out of nowhere and reached the top - good job, gutza1 :) But will gutza1 win the contest? There are still almost two weeks until the end!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.