[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

This is it. After all this time...

These last few chapters had me thinking of back when you were just starting this story, with the 'COMING SOON' picture of Proteus approaching Mun. So long ago, yet we're already here. One chapter left.

Oh my.

An epic last photo there. And that shot of Proteus all on its lonesome.

It's an interesting perspective on chemical engines. I suppose it makes sense, given how crude it is compared to what they are used to.

All things come to an end. I wonder if this will lead to a few less visits to the fanworks forum. Us other writers better lift our game.

I had a dream involvving Proteus the other night. I was driving Evepod on Eve, through what looked like purple mangrove swamp soil, and crashed the Proteus, which was flying nearby. Except Proteus flipped, bent and bounced like rubber. Weird.

In stock Kerbal Space Program, I don't actually think that their is no deadly reentry. It's just that the Kerbals have advanced to the point where every part is completely heat, water, vacuum, and pressure proof. Except for some Solar Panel joints. Perhaps the grand tour happened, then briefly the Insular Corporation, and then a new national KSC. I wonder how Jebediah, Bill, and Bob got on the list.

Did I miss something or didn't they bother to check what's under that big fairing at the top?

Anyway, it's hard to believe that the story is actually ending, after one year. I just hope there will be another story to be told (secret project?). Oh, and I still have hopes for them to make it - After so many catastophes this one time everything may work. I guess the next (and last) chapter is going to be very interesting again, because there are still so many questions unanswered (unless of course, you like to keep it that way - in which case you are even more evil than I thought :P)

The last chapter of "The Grand Tour"

is coming next weekend

Oh, you mother... Why did you end this chapter there? It was intense! You cruel, cruel magnificent son of a hound of the feminine gender!

God damn it Czo! You and your masterful cliffhangers! :sticktongue:

Oh, you mother... Why did you end this chapter there? It was intense! You cruel, cruel magnificent son of a hound of the feminine gender!

God damn it Czo! You and your masterful cliffhangers! :sticktongue:

Actually it's magnificent mother of a hound of the feminine gender :P

And the first stage separation was successful! Holy crap, I can't believe it – 30-year old chemical engines and staging still works! I love you, Soviet Krussia! Now we only have to wait until we leave Duna SOI to calculate whether the transfer burn was successful too – and if it wasn't screw this, we can correct with RCS!

The image right after or before this text broke.

On topic...

Holy. Crap.

I take a short break, come back to several chapters and....EPILOGUES!! *Read's all of them* *ERROR, ALL SIGNS OF LIFE IN <CURRENT ROOM> HAS TERMINATED* *CAUSE* *HEAD EXPLOSION DUE TO ULTIMATE CLIFF HANGER*

Seriously, wow. And its bitter sweet seeing the epilogues, nice to know that they MIGHT survive, and bitter that it is actually ending (Don't you dare kill them now, not now, not this close)

Unless this is not based on a "true" (Kerbal histories are never true, it is fan-made "true") story, the crew had to survive. Or some of it. Otherwise there would not be surviving recording because the ship wreck would've been too difficult to analyze.

Unless this is not based on a "true" (Kerbal histories are never true, it is fan-made "true") story, the crew had to survive. Or some of it. Otherwise there would not be surviving recording because the ship wreck would've been too difficult to analyze.

Right, normally someone's gotta survive to tell their story. On the other hand, they may just die and somehow the records survive (we all know how evil Czo can be sometimes :D).

PS: Gosh, I maybe should stop giving him ideas... Pls let them survive, will you?^^

Right, normally someone's gotta survive to tell their story. On the other hand, they may just die and somehow the records survive (we all know how evil Czo can be sometimes :D).

PS: Gosh, I maybe should stop giving him ideas... Pls let them survive, will you?^^

If the ship burns up, nobody's ever going to read the diaries :( . It could be a stretch to work out exactly what happened with the station coming back at all. Or indeed a serious danger if all that hydrazine lands in a city or gets dispersed above one.

Well, the crew could always die on impact, but books are known to be extremely resistant to lithobraking, so some parts of the diaries could always survive...

I'm just giving czo ideas, aren't I?

What's hydrazine?

Hydrazine (also called diazane) is an inorganic compound with the formula N2H4. It is a colourless flammable liquid with an ammonia-like odor. Hydrazine is highly toxic and dangerously unstable unless handled in solution. As of 2002, approximately 260,000 tons were manufactured annually. Hydrazine is mainly used as a foaming agent in preparing polymer foams, but significant applications also include its uses as a precursor to polymerization catalysts and pharmaceuticals. Additionally, hydrazine is used in various rocket fuels - Russian Proton rocket family uses it, Chinese Shenzhou uses it and New Horizons (probe) used it too. Additionally, it's very commonly used as monopropellant - that's right, every manned spacecraft in KSP uses it too!

And how toxic is it?

640px-Hypergolic_Fuel_for_MESSENGER.jpg

I'll answer (as always) for your comments guys ASAP, right now I'm working (ahem).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.