[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

An audiobook version narrated by Scott Manley and the dialogs done by some other famous KSP youtubers?

That would be so awesome! And I guess it's much more doable than making a movie about the whole story. And personally, I think that we wouldn't have any problems with finding enough voice actors - I'd volunteer for example if needed :D

Call BBC, they do awesome stuff on a low budget all the time.

coughdoctorwhocough.

Did Doctor who have a small budget? The effects looked quite amazing for the time, and especially for a TV show.

Yes I know Doctor is still going on...but it's not like when David Tennant was the Doctor..

Btw BBC made the 1 hour movie Voyage to the planets, it's quite good actually too, and a Grand tour is there too. Though not kerbal...and yes

someone dies, at Saturn

I once listened to a synopsis of George Orwell's 1984. I will use this as an example for an argument. Very shocking twist in the spoiler--don't spoil it for yourself like I did!

In the book, our hero loses. Not 'heroic sacrifice' loses, actually loses.

I told you to read at your own risk!

Anyway, I always thought this was incredibly stupid. You don't lead a reader through a dramatic story and make them care about the hero, then just knock him off and yell "EVERYBODY DIED, THE END!" That isn't what a story is for. The good guy is supposed to win, the bad guy is supposed to lose, and you know what? That is OK. Our real world doesn't work like that--people do bad things and get away with it all the time. People die for seemingly no reason. But in a story, it's different. The hero wins because otherwise all their effort means nothing, and that is the very thing a person tries to escape when reading a book or watching a movie or even playing a video game.

This is why I believe somebody in this story, at least one kerbal, will make it home alive. Otherwise, the last sixty-six chapters are for nothing.

I once listened to a synopsis of George Orwell's 1984. I will use this as an example for an argument. Very shocking twist in the spoiler--don't spoil it for yourself like I did!

In the book, our hero loses. Not 'heroic sacrifice' loses, actually loses.

I told you to read at your own risk!

Anyway, I always thought this was incredibly stupid. You don't lead a reader through a dramatic story and make them care about the hero, then just knock him off and yell "EVERYBODY DIED, THE END!" That isn't what a story is for. The good guy is supposed to win, the bad guy is supposed to lose, and you know what? That is OK. Our real world doesn't work like that--people do bad things and get away with it all the time. People die for seemingly no reason. But in a story, it's different. The hero wins because otherwise all their effort means nothing, and that is the very thing a person tries to escape when reading a book or watching a movie or even playing a video game.

This is why I believe somebody in this story, at least one kerbal, will make it home alive. Otherwise, the last sixty-six chapters are for nothing.

I already got spoiled. Why? Because of my incredibly primitive English Workbook!

There was a task where there were 6 sci-fi novels and the ****ing authors of the book wrote the plot of each one near each book.

Oh and did I tell you that they all also had THE ENDING spoiled? Yes, we also had to LISTEN to the exercise to make sure we got spoiled.

I'm quitting my school anyway, so I'll burn this workbook for spoiling 6 great novels in 3 minutes flat.

Because the Grand Tour is reaching it's final destination, I'm starting a new AAR about the space program of the UPF (United Plutonic Federation), and it will be starting later today!

Stay tuned!

Unfortunately I'm stuck on Linux on my current machine and for some reason this kind of plug in won't work for me. Had similar issues with What Pumpkin music samples. Any other places it is played? You Tube etc?

Unfortunately I'm stuck on Linux on my current machine and for some reason this kind of plug in won't work for me. Had similar issues with What Pumpkin music samples. Any other places it is played? You Tube etc?

Not that I know of. If anyone else has a YouTube link, please feel free to post it!

True, it's just assisting with grammar and some minor edits, and I've been assisting as well. No inside track definitely! Frankly I wouldn't want to spoil it! I'm glad he posted for others to assist. This is a big project and will take quite a few to handle this! (Um, just realized that sounds bad. I meant there is so much of the story, not that there is so much wrong! o~O )

It's kinda sad to see an AAR end...

OK, my AAR have been hibernated (or frozen, rather) for too long, so I'm rebooting it and try to build it.

Now, do not expect my AAR to come quick - due to relatively old system (and due to the fact that I'm somewhat lazy) it's probably gonna come pretty long.

Meanwhile, this:

screenshot1.png

(Yeah, that wasn't intentional - I forgot that there's already a satellite in the same location. Anyway, things are fixed.)

Mine's on hold too, unfortunately due to my computer not being adequate right now. For some reason I can't get the graphics card to work and am having issues with graphical glitches in the linux version *sigh* Honestly, I haven't been playing much of anything recently, which is pretty rare for me. Hope you get your AAR up and running again Designer 225. Good luck!

Mine's on hold too, unfortunately due to my computer not being adequate right now. For some reason I can't get the graphics card to work and am having issues with graphical glitches in the linux version *sigh* Honestly, I haven't been playing much of anything recently, which is pretty rare for me. Hope you get your AAR up and running again Designer 225. Good luck!

Thanks. Expect 1 in at least 100 screenshots will have a mission timer that's green, though. My computer's pretty old, but can still run on KSP albeit with mods (which causes lags, apparently).

EDIT: And I'm on a laptop.

Edited by Designer225

Thanks. Expect 1 in at least 100 screenshots will have a mission timer that's green, though. My computer's pretty low-down, but can still run on KSP albeit with mods (which causes lags, apparently).

Maybe I got too used to my old comp. Before my HD fried I was routinely launching very high part number vessels with very low lag and using high textures for planets and skybox etc. Now I'm pretty much relagated to basic with some mods. I've actually got it to work with Interstellar, but it is slow. Technically high graphics cards aren't needed, but SOME graphics card is for any reasonable results! *sigh*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.