Mini podship (launcher sold separately)

We better get some new craft loaded up now we're online again, so here's a little something....

N33V88L.png

The podship is an RCS powered mini orbiter, just add a launcher and you are good to go, the podship is great for individual Kerbals who want to sightsee or who like low insurance costs!

QizKRyU.jpg

Highly efficient and easy to park, the podship is great as a spare family runabout, and you won't grumble about your kids wanting the keys with a craft this cheap :D

Craft file is pastebinned here.

I was going to make a joke about having a bigger Podship than you but I really Love how simple it is.

I think i might buy one for the Kids if it could be customizable with a parachute.

Cause I don't want them crashing into our planet and disappearing in a puff of smoke:sticktongue:

There actually is a parachute, inverted and tucked under the small docking port, making the mini podship suitable for emergency use at Kerbin, Laythe, Duna and Eve!

Activation is by pulling on one of the three exposed chute housing sections around the nose, or by the standard staging system as required by Kerbal spacecraft operation guidelines :)

There's one cup-holder, you gotta have a cup-holder :D

I thoroughly tested this and even got a screenshot I'll post later, but you CAN do this absolutely...it can be only chute landings.

Just hotkey the release button for every clamp on the ship, stage up until the parachutes are live, set yourself on a crash orbit, and as soon as you hit about 30-40k meters up, release everyone. The parachutes will stay active after detachment, and you'll get a nice mass paradrop effect. I tested with about 12 pods simultaneously for a KSMC (Kerbal Space Marine Corps) training exercise. Unfortunately, you can't do that with powered landings :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.