[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Sometimes it requires a complete reboot of KSP in order to get rolling again. I have had lots of instances where the server just stops completely that seem to happen periodically when there is no activity for a long time. (It does not seem consistent though).

I have managed to experience this issue myself! Fixing this is a priority, as I can forgive many bugs, but not those relating to stability.

Bug fix update: Telemachus 1.4.18.0

- r.resource[LiquidFuel] and r.resourceMax[LiquidFuel] don't appear to be parsed right. (LiquidFuel as an example). I get "r.resource":-1 and "r.resourceMax":-1 returned, which indicates the content of the square brackets is being cropped off. Now this may be due to the fact I am using JSON.stringify to prepare the data before using the websocket.send(data) function, but since the socket requires an array for the value of "+" I can't see how else to send those resource api strings.

Hopefully this will work now.

- RCS, SAS and Light button state calls return "" : 1 or "" : 2 when the game is paused, rather than a true or false state.

That is an issue with KSP.

- n.roll only returns 0 as a value?

I am not seeing this issue at all.

- I am getting very occasional timeouts where the server seems to stop completely and it involves a reboot of ksp in order to get it going again. I haven't been able to replicate this consistently yet though.

Hopefully this has been fixed :D

Please let me know if there are anymore explosions.

Bug fix update: Telemachus 1.4.18.0

Please let me know if there are anymore explosions.

Aha, excellent!

Regarding the fix with r.resource & r.resourceMax - I am getting values back now, however they do not return with the original resource 'type' I subscribed. So for example if I subscribe "r.resourceMax[LiquidFuel]", in the data that is returned it will only be "r.resourceMax" with no [LiquidFuel]. While this might be fine for one item, if I have oxidizer, liquid fuel and monopropellant all subscribed, I can't ascertain what values are what since all three come back with the same key.

No explosions yet (other than my bad flying around ksc). I will let you know if anything else comes up! Thanks!

Small bug report (yes, if anyone has noticed, I'm trawling through my output_log trying to find what's causing a NRE):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Telemachus.TelemachusBehaviour.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

PartLoader: Compiling Part

This is right at the start while parts are still being imported into the game, so perhaps Telemachus is checking this too soon? It outputs this quite a few times so perhaps it would be best if it were caught, or prevented from being run so early.

Thanks for the bug reports/suggestions!

Bug fix update: Telemachus 1.4.19.0

Aha, excellent!

So for example if I subscribe "r.resourceMax[LiquidFuel]", in the data that is returned it will only be "r.resourceMax" with no [LiquidFuel]. While this might be fine for one item, if I have oxidizer, liquid fuel and monopropellant all subscribed, I can't ascertain what values are what since all three come back with the same key.

Done!

Small bug report (yes, if anyone has noticed, I'm trawling through my output_log trying to find what's causing a NRE):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Telemachus.TelemachusBehaviour.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

PartLoader: Compiling Part

This is right at the start while parts are still being imported into the game, so perhaps Telemachus is checking this too soon? It outputs this quite a few times so perhaps it would be best if it were caught, or prevented from being run so early.

I knew exactly where this was as soon as you mentioned it ...; it should now be fixed.

Thanks for the bug reports/suggestions!

I knew exactly where this was as soon as you mentioned it ...; it should now be fixed.

I had a little mental bet with myself as to who would fix one of my 4 or 5 "NREs that arent actually causing anyone any problems" posts first today, and I knew it would be you. Thanks.

I don't think any mod makes me geek-grin quite so much as having Telemachus on my phone at my desk while playing KSP. I did have a brain-dead moment the other day when, while circularising with the flight controls, I thought "wow, if the Hull cam is ever implemented, I won't even need a PC", then hung my head in shame as someone who used to lecture in IT.

is there any possibility that this will become a partless mod? like if you click on the command pod/probe it comes up with "open telemachus link" and does the telemachus thing? sorry if i'm a bit needy :). It's just that hauling an extra part around can be a bit frustrating.

is there any possibility that this will become a partless mod? like if you click on the command pod/probe it comes up with "open telemachus link" and does the telemachus thing? sorry if i'm a bit needy :). It's just that hauling an extra part around can be a bit frustrating.

It already is, just add the module lines to your pods in the part cfg files.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
MODULE
{
name = TelemachusDataLink
}
MODULE
{
name = kOSProcessor
}

If you want to be a little less cheaty (I know, I know), you can add it to every antenna like so:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]
{

MODULE
{
name = TelemachusDataLink
}
MODULE
{
name = TelemachusPowerDrain
powerConsumptionBase = 0.01
powerConsumptionIncrease = 0.02
}
}

(Requires Module Maanger, as always)

Hello,

I finally re install telemachus (new version) and now it works. I use websocket4net for information. Don't know why it didn't work with the previous version, but now, I'm GO for developping my console !

Thanks for your help.

Hello again. Now, I can subscribe to WebSocket to get the values I want. It's great ! But I have another problem...

How to put the light / rCS / SAS on/off ?

I've tried :

* {"run":["f.light[1]"]}

*{"run":[f.light[1]]}

* {"command":["f.light[1]"]}

* {"command":[f.light[1]]}

I can't get it to work. Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello again. Now, I can subscribe to WebSocket to get the values I want. It's great ! But I have another problem...

How to put the light / rCS / SAS on/off ?

I've tried :

* {"run":["f.light[1]"]}

*{"run":[f.light[1]]}

* {"command":["f.light[1]"]}

* {"command":[f.light[1]]}

I can't get it to work. Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, be sure to check the documentation here: https://github.com/richardbunt/Telemachus/wiki/Web-Socket-API as it answers your question. You do not need the value or brackets [] for those buttons as they are simply toggled on or off. The only one that requires a value is setThrottle I believe. So just { "run": ["f.light"] } should be fine.

Edited by Sli

The argument to f.light is optional and should be formed as:

{ "run": ["f.light[true]"] }

However, I actually think the "run" command is partially broken right now. I will try to fix it this evening.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

It seems to return 0 when normal, 1 when paused, 2 when out of power and 3 when the antenna is turned off. Perfect, exactly what I needed!

it also returns 4 when not in a ship (for example, while at space port).

Cheers

ttb

Sorry if this has already been answered but has there been any development in getting some sort of Hull Camera working with this? Either that or some sort of implementation of RasterPropMonitor (which can display hull cameras).

How do you set this up so you can access the control panel from a different (non-local) computer?? Please answer soon, I've forwarded the port, and I don't know what I did wrong...

How do you set this up so you can access the control panel from a different (non-local) computer?? Please answer soon, I've forwarded the port, and I don't know what I did wrong...

Use something like dyn-dns.org to create a publicly accessible address.

How was this accomplished? I'm very new to this mod and I'm still figuring everything out.

Uh yeah, how about some hints as to how others can do something similar? I'd love to have a more interactive view available on a separate screen, beyond a stream of numbers that need to be deciphered and visualized in my head. It would be incredibly cool to even have an interactive map view on another screen, which your implementation seems to have the building blocks for.