Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

No wheels, but it does walk. No mods, just lots of reaction wheels. :P

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edit: How it works:

Activate SAS so when you tip it backward it stays tipped. Tip it backward. Use the "A" and "D" keys to rock it left and right around its z-axis.

Because the z-axis is now tilted back, this causes the legs to lift up as they swing around. Then as the weight of the craft is too much for just one leg to balance on, that lifted leg gets pushed back down to the ground, completing a step.

The robot will walk in whichever direction has the extra weight, which is why it needs that front pair of legs to support it while resting.

Edited by daemonCaptrix

Realized after a few failed landings and bad take offs I needed something to clear the runway. So I built a bulldozer.

dxcUB4M.jpg

And yes the blade raises and lowers. The generator on the back is a converted kethane generator set to run liquid fuel.

I know I'm posting this everywhere... but...

Rovers are boring when they can't fly.

No6hD4r.jpg

New video of an... er... fantastic landing, right where the craft was supposed to go! heh I'm sure that everyone can see that this is an ...um, what was I supposed to call it again? Oh. Innovation in Technology.

...and, for those poor saps who want it-- ow! my leg! stop it! *ahem* for all of you fantastic builders who love Innovations, here's the .craft file!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/er11ixbgpv06lpm/Dock-sun%27d.craft

Just don't fly any Kerbals on it. I knew a guy named Landred, great guy, so sad to see him gone who rode this after he protested against the Eternal Leader and OW! Not my other leg! Please!

Enjoy the Dock-Sun'd, everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

My new rover station on minmus. It is super easy to dock and undock the rover and I am really pleased how it turned out.

I can either use RCS to jump the rover into docking, or just raise my landing legs on the main craft, picking the rover up in style.

That purple swag lol. Should put it under the rover :D

What mod are those square blue lights from?

Colored lights are now a part of stock KSP. Right-click them while in the construction mode to tweak their color values which default to white but have full RGB controls.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.