[0.21.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.5.0 Released! 0.21 Compatible!!!

vXSovereignXv

I just wanted to take this opportunity to share something with this wonderful gaming community.

Because of a severe physical disability, I do not have the use of my hands. This means that 100% of my PC's operation is done with voice recognition software (Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5, to be precise), and I wanted to say that it's because of you add-on (as well as a handful of others), that I had just made it to Duna's orbit, delivering a small space station.

So, if you ever have any doubts about your skills and ability, remember that it's people like you that make it so that people like me can play some games like KSP.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to share something with this wonderful gaming community.

Because of a severe physical disability, I do not have the use of my hands. This means that 100% of my PC's operation is done with voice recognition software (Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11.5, to be precise), and I wanted to say that it's because of you add-on (as well as a handful of others), that I had just made it to Duna's orbit, delivering a small space station.

So, if you ever have any doubts about your skills and ability, remember that it's people like you that make it so that people like me can play some games like KSP.

That's so deep and inspiring.

I'm glad my mod assisted you in achieving your goals. It's inspiring that something I created can help someone in ways I didn't expect it could. Congrats on reaching Duna, and godspeed on your future endeavors into the Kerbal system!

Nooooo!!! I need the old 0.19 copy back. Just realised my old design has the old manifest on it and I cant load it. Took me ages to make that rocket as well!!!

Version 3.5 with part

Install the part only and install the plugin from the newest version. Then you should be able to load you save. You can then right click on the part and destroy it.

left-clicking doesn't work either. Do I have to edit the pod's .cfg to include a Crew Manifest module?

You just need to copy the files into the GameData folder. Also make sure that the plugin is removed from the legacy folders. Otherwise what operating system are you running? There might still be some pathing issues between the three OS's that is breaking it. I will look into those problems for the next version.

Edited by vXSovereignXv

Version 3.5 with part

Install the part only and install the plugin from the newest version. Then you should be able to load you save. You can then right click on the part and destroy it.

You just need to copy the files into the GameData folder. Also make sure that the plugin is removed from the legacy folders. Otherwise what operating system are you running? There might still be some pathing issues between the three OS's that is breaking it. I will look into those problems for the next version.

I'm on Windows 7. I've got nothing Crew Manifest related in the old folders, and my directory is as follows: KSP/GameData/CrewManifest_v0_3_5/

Inside the Crew Manifest folder is a Parts folder, a Plugins folder, and a Source folder.

For some reason the crew manifest icon is only about 5-10 pixels wide on my system. I play at 1366*768 yet the icon is smaller than the numbering on MET.

Makes for an unobtrusive experience but is a bit odd.

On my installation on Linux, there is a bit of a weird bug. In order to make the plugin work correctly, there needs to be a GameData/CrewManifest/Plugins/PluginData/CrewManifest/ folder (hereafter referred to as the CrewManifest folder) with identical contents (as in the contents on initial install) to the GameData/CrewManifest/Plugins/PluginData/crewmanifest/ folder (hereafter referred to as the crewmanifest folder) that is installed.

If the folder doesn't exist, the game will create the folder on the first run after the installation of the plugin, however, it will not copy over the contents of the crewmanifest folder. Consequently, in-game the plugin will not appear at all (no icons at launch or space center).

However if the CrewManifest folder does exist and has the contents of the crewmanifest folder and there is no crewmanifest folder, the plugin will appear in-game, but be missing its button textures (the missing texture icon takes their place).

If both the CrewManifest folder and the crewmanifest folder exist and have the contents of the crewmanifest folder, the plugin works and the icons for the plugin display correctly.

I hope this helps in tracking this (apparent) bug down :)

Edited by rifter
psuedo-readability

Hi,

I wanted to say thanks for making a great, and very useful mod, it was one of the first I downloaded.

I do have a small suggestion though :-)

When you add Kerbals to a pod, the Kerbals appear at the top of the window and the "Add Kerbals" button moves down, which means you have to chase the button to add lots of Kerbals to a big pod. If the button stayed at the top and the Kerbals appeared underneath, you could fill large pods much more quickly. Just an idea.

Thanks again!

For some reason the crew manifest icon is only about 5-10 pixels wide on my system. I play at 1366*768 yet the icon is smaller than the numbering on MET.

Makes for an unobtrusive experience but is a bit odd.

That is odd. The icon should be 32x32. You can try modifying the ButtonPosition attribute in the config.xml manually to change the size. The four values basically map out the positions of the corners.

xmin = distance from left of left side

xmax = distance from left of right side

ymin = distance from top of top side

ymax = distance from top of bottom side

So xmin < xmax with a difference of 32 and ymin < ymax with a difference of 32

On my installation on Linux, there is a bit of a weird bug. In order to make the plugin work correctly, there needs to be a GameData/CrewManifest/Plugins/PluginData/CrewManifest/ folder (hereafter referred to as the CrewManifest folder) with identical contents (as in the contents on initial install) to the GameData/CrewManifest/Plugins/PluginData/crewmanifest/ folder (hereafter referred to as the crewmanifest folder) that is installed.

If the folder doesn't exist, the game will create the folder on the first run after the installation of the plugin, however, it will not copy over the contents of the crewmanifest folder. Consequently, in-game the plugin will not appear at all (no icons at launch or space center).

However if the CrewManifest folder does exist and has the contents of the crewmanifest folder and there is no crewmanifest folder, the plugin will appear in-game, but be missing its button textures (the missing texture icon takes their place).

If both the CrewManifest folder and the crewmanifest folder exist and have the contents of the crewmanifest folder, the plugin works and the icons for the plugin display correctly.

I hope this helps in tracking this (apparent) bug down :)

Yes this helps. I have a pretty good idea what's going on. Before the update the KSP code that saved the config file would save it in a folder named "crewmanifest" instead of "CrewManifest". It appears they changed the how that works and it now names the folders opposite. So when I fixed this issue for 0.19 it rebroke it when .20 came out. In either case it should be fixed in the next update. For now just create both folders as a work around.

My directory only goes GameData/CrewManifest/Plugins/, there is no PluginData folder in Plugins.

Grab the version that is on spaceport. When you extract the zip you will see a folder named GameData. Copy the contents of that folder directly into the GameData folder. Make sure any other versions of the plugin are removed from your KSP install.

Thanks for creating this helpful mod. For me, it would be useful to have a "Fill All" button to put kerbals in all the ships pods and containers. My ships can get big and it can take a while to fill them before launch. For example, this rover has room for 74.

T84vlHU.png

Does anyone else think this would be a useful feature?

Edited by Gus

Sweet. Thanks again. :)

Err... umm... sorry to bother you again, but does that mean there will also be an "Empty Vessel" (except for command pod) button?

Edited by Gus

Sweet. Thanks again. :)

Err... umm... sorry to bother you again, but does that mean there will also be an "Empty Vessel" (except for command pod) button?

There should be a empty vessel for the command pod aswell. I often make test unkerbaled launches and it would be pretty usefull

There's a bug when you leave a crewed vehicle on the launchpad/runway and clear the runway while launching a new vehicle, the kerbal inside turns red in the roster and you can't add him to other vehicles.

Edit: I've also have a suggestion. Could you add an option which starts the rockets/vehicles empty?

Edited by The Stinger

There's a bug when you leave a crewed vehicle on the launchpad/runway and clear the runway while launching a new vehicle, the kerbal inside turns red in the roster and you can't add him to other vehicles.

Edit: I've also have a suggestion. Could you add an option which starts the rockets/vehicles empty?

That's a bug with the game itself. Clearing the pad with Kerbals on it essentially kills them. You have to be extra careful with this if you have the permadeath option enabled.

I'll look into your other suggestion, but a fill/empty vessel button is already planned.

Sovereign: Another request for you, hopefully a simple one. Could you possibly at some point add, in the Edit option, a button to flip the state of a dead Kerbal back to available?

Okay, two requests -- could the Kerbal list have three colors instead of the current two, such that "dead" and "assigned" are distingushable in the list? (Right now, both show as red.)

My goal in life is to never have to futz with the persistence file ever again.... :)

Sovereign, is there any way to "see" the names of the ships that kerbals are in?

I lost Jeb, he is "alive" somewhere, on some ship, but.... until I focus on each and every ship, base, probe, lander, rover, I have no idea where.

(yes, I can/will do that, but it would be really nice if the crew roster showed the ship name on the list.)

(Yes, I can also search the Persitance file.)

Sovereign: Another request for you, hopefully a simple one. Could you possibly at some point add, in the Edit option, a button to flip the state of a dead Kerbal back to available?

Okay, two requests -- could the Kerbal list have three colors instead of the current two, such that "dead" and "assigned" are distingushable in the list? (Right now, both show as red.)

My goal in life is to never have to futz with the persistence file ever again.... :)

I could probably add a respawn option for Kerbals. I would probably add a setting that would need to be enabled in order to use it though. The additional color for the Kerbal states should be easy enough to add though.

Sovereign, is there any way to "see" the names of the ships that kerbals are in?

I lost Jeb, he is "alive" somewhere, on some ship, but.... until I focus on each and every ship, base, probe, lander, rover, I have no idea where.

(yes, I can/will do that, but it would be really nice if the crew roster showed the ship name on the list.)

(Yes, I can also search the Persitance file.)

It's doable. I'll add it to the list of stuff to add.

New release is out! Here are the changes:

Version 0.5.4.0

–Fixed issues loading the settings file/icons in Linux/Mac (Hopefully)

–Added a button for Fill Vessel and Empty Vessel to the Crew Manifest Window.

–Added ability to respawn dead Kerbals. A respawn button will appear next to dead Kerbals in the roster window. Must be enabled in the settings menu on the space center screen. Disabled by default.

–Changed color coding of Kerbals in the roster window. Red = Dead, Yellow = Assigned, Green = Available

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.