(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Yea, the pic is like that because it just isn't ready yet. But it was brought up so I wanted to say it'll be here.

Mysterious Projects has a habit of releasing Mysterious preview photos. :P It really threw people, myself included, for a loop when you first did it Nazari. Now I feel like im one of the few who gets an in joke!

About the 0.21+ issues - I agree with you all, performance is horrible right now. And the main reason a lot of people keep playing KSP is the mods. Mod makers should have some kind of early access/information to at least see whats going to break. I dont think the terrain changes are bad at all but the scene changes are ridiculously long. I can understand why they made the buildings so detailed though. One of the planned features is to make the facilities destructible and with the recent focus on career mode I think this feature might not be far off.

I really don't think that would be possible without making major changes to the way games are saved, as far as i know they don't have a timeline feature (or something that would be needed for this :/)

Really? Because the 'revert' feature seems to function on a timeline. How else would it reset to a previous time? Though if adapted for a time machine youd probly have to use stamps (like Im guessing the revert flight system uses) to tag spots you could return to.

Seeing as I only bought the game 5 days ago, I was unaware of it being a 32 bit game. Looking back now I wish I had done more research on the game before purchasing it. I don't think this is a game that should have been developed only on 32 bit. It is like Minecraft, it doesn't really work on only 3.5 gigs of memory. I really do hope they continue working on a 64 bit version. Otherwise, I don't see the game becoming what they hope it to be. It already seems to struggle if you download a couple of mods. I can only image what it will be like 6 months from now when they add more stuff to it if they don't update the game. We will seem I guess.

This being an indie game, i dont think Squad was anticipating the game taking off so good, ex specially while in development stages. They did say they are working with Unity to improve the engine. When i look at this game i think, wow this is a great game for $22. I think i bought for $14 back in Jan or something. This is one of the cheapest games i own, and yet ive spent so many more hours playing it. <----------this is bc of modders like Devo and Sirkut, The guys making mods have talent and good imagination.

This being an indie game, i dont think Squad was anticipating the game taking off so good, ex specially while in development stages. They did say they are working with Unity to improve the engine. When i look at this game i think, wow this is a great game for $22. I think i bought for $14 back in Jan or something. This is one of the cheapest games i own, and yet ive spent so many more hours playing it. <----------this is bc of modders like Devo and Sirkut, The guys making mods have talent and good imagination.

Yep I agree, I think I bought this game for $13..

Lets look at a general observation..

KSP cost me $13

I'm still here over a year later enjoying the crap out of it, even with the bugs up my kazoo.

A trip to McDonalds with the kids (a couple of happy meals, something for me and the wife)

Costs about $30-40 bucks. That lasts for about 30 minutes.

So over all can anyone complain with value ? no.. but quality of the game? well I think everyone will do that at some stage, especially because they recall a time to vividly that the game ran very well and right now for me and many others, this is not the case and we are just frustrated that our favourite game is currently !@#$$@#$ in many regards.

I bought the game only a couple of month ago and have been hooked since. Ever since I started modding I haven't played the game much. Sad isn't it? I was going to let 0.21 be my time to take a break and play the game but it's so abysmal that I decided to just keep modding some more. I appreciate the kind words viperwolf, I'm just glad someone is enjoying our work otherwise I'd just make these parts for myself and be all alone. *sniff*

Well, why not a release, I figure people can enjoy it at least while we get the IVA finished and other stuff.. will get you to the Mun and back :)

image.php?id=18FF_51FCE8C0&jpg

http://youtu.be/5U8gtMFUg9M

Download

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mech-pod-mk1-0-21-1/

Looks wonderful, Devo. My mind is however fixating on the possibly impending update for the ALIENS dropship update; turrets with Lazor mod targeting? Sounds awesome.

I couldn't get it to launch last I used it, though. Mostly because the dropship door was down and it exploded when the physics loaded.

Looks wonderful, Devo. My mind is however fixating on the possibly impending update for the ALIENS dropship update; turrets with Lazor mod targeting? Sounds awesome.

I couldn't get it to launch last I used it, though. Mostly because the dropship door was down and it exploded when the physics loaded.

I am going to update all my mods tonight, im sitting here loading each one rebuilding them all and then re-uploading them, dropship is about 4th on the list. Something changed in 0.21.1 I don't know what, but physics are very different now so I have to go fix all my ships to match whatever they did, I wish I knew.. now it's just a game of trial and error.

Nice. Could you release the leg module as a separate part? And...where is the docking collar? If it is supposed to be escape pod, it should be easily attachable to our space stations and motherships.

Still working on the docking port, will be with the IVA update. As for the leg, yes, it already is cut out and a single part and will be part of the animator lander legs pack..

Still working on the docking port, will be with the IVA update. As for the leg, yes, it already is cut out and a single part and will be part of the animator lander legs pack..

OMG! i love the landing legs. I cant wait to test this :o

Quick question will there be a way to attach the mech pod to say the top of a rocket? some attachment point, love it btw. Also i cant see my kerbals inside it :( you guys rock btw.

I was messing with it at 3am and there should be an attachment node on the bottom of the pod since you have to connect the engines from the pack to it.

True there is i was wanting to take the pod as a whole and attach it to a rocket so i can use it as a self contained top piece :)

Hey devo, just tried out the mech pod... and I have two suggestions concerning the parachute:

1: Make the parachute do the full deploy higher, maybe at 800 meters? I had an incident where the parachute broke off due to the slowdown being too fast and the pod being too heavy (not a lot of the fuel hadd been burned off).

1 (alternative solution): Make the semi-deployed drag of the parachute be a lot higher, like 150 maybe.

2: Make an ever so slightly downscaled version of the 'chute, for use with 2.5-1.25 m commandpod and the 1.25 meter lander can. It is a little too big for use with 1.25 meter sized... stuff. Also, it seems to hover above the 1 man lander can, when attached directly on top of it.

Well, why not a release, I figure people can enjoy it at least while we get the IVA finished and other stuff.. will get you to the Mun and back :)

AMAZING work on this, have downloaded it and will try it out as soon as I have a sleep (just got home from work) - You guys really are amazing with the things you come up with for us mod hungry people :)

Thank you very much...

are we suppose to be able to see the kerbals yet thru the glass. also could u have where the pod starts off glass closed

Either a mod is required to see the kerbals through the glass OR place a command seat in one of the three chairs you see inside. I think the reason the glass is opened is so you can load your kerbals and place the command seats.

The IVA is currently being worked on but there's no time table when that will be finished.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.