(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

I love this mod, but please move the launch tower away from the runway and add a ramp on the frond entrance! Please fix the collision meshes, and the elevator! The elevator needs to stay longer on the ground so we can drive in.

If you are unfamiliar with Kerbtown, you can press CTRL-K at any time and place the item wherever you wish. I placed it there for convenience but feel free to move it to a more desirable location.

The collision meshes were done hastily, the elevator will actually be controllable but I'm just one of those people that release things half baked, just as long as they do the intended function and worry about fixing it later, it's also good to get feedback to improve the next revision.

Anyway im off to bed, a lot done tonight, MSI animator legs pretty much done, so that's a good load off.

I celebrated by taking 6 mech pods to Duna.. I had to modify the Pegasus somewhat...

image.php?id=C9F7_5227549B&jpg

Ah, you just answered the question I was about to ask: I'm desperate for some new/better landing legs! I knew you were working on some, so I thought I'd pop in with a quick note. But as you say they're pretty much done I suppose that I can look forward to your parts sometime soon. :)

Keep up the great work! :D

I have been having problems with the VTOL functionality of the Pegasus. I am usually very good with VTOL's considering they are just a lander with wings, but I have problems with this one. With no changes to the stock version included, I can't seem to take it off like you do. Most of the time with full up RCS she still noses over into the ground. I have tried putting the rotatrons at different angles so that the engines face back a little but, to no avail. Using cargo and extra wings and RCS thrusters I managed to balance the mass with the lift, but it is such a pain to fly the way that I have to. Any suggestions or help would be nice, for I am at a loss.

Thanks,

Marscommander

What's up Devo.

First off, let me say thank-you for the place-anywhere-windows. I've been using those things like mad since they were first released... .17 or .18 if memory serves... which it usually doesn't, but regardless, next to struts, batteries and fuel tanks, I would say that I've placed more of those loveable little glow-y non-square dots than any other part, and they have worked wonders in giving life to otherwise dingy ships and bases.

Such a simple part, but an absolute essential in my opinion. My only complaint is the massive memory footpri... oh, right... they're freaking tiny.

So in a nutshell, the addition of the windows has allowed for a much more immersive, non-gloomy gaming experience, at the non-expense of excellent performance.

Sounds like a win-non-lose to me.

In short, cheers! =)

Now for part 2; a request. [//embarrassed emoticon placeholder]

The backs of the windows are slanted inwards, decreasing the profile on the side that attaches to the ship/structure, which makes sense in many scenarios, so I'm not looking to replace this version, however I've found that many add-ons (and stock parts for that matter) haven't been fully refined, and there are times that the backs of the windows can't reach the surfaces that I am trying to attach them to, or that the windows stick out far enough that the angle of the back half is far too obvious and quite the opposite of the angle that actual port holes would have on the rear side.

So, my request is for a second iteration of my beloved window (I only use the yellow one), with a slightly elongated rear-end that is a touch fatter at the back than at the front.

I would offer you my first-born child in exchange, but he already exists, so that's one empty promise that I just can't keep.

...and believe me, I'm not blowing sunshine up your butt in an effort to get a part out of it. I recently developed a whole new appreciation for the window when I began a new game determined to keep it stock, but after setting up a moon base that looked far too lifeless, I caved and allowed the lil' guy an exclusive position in the cool group.

I will survive without a 2nd gen window, and I definitely wouldn't expect it to be a priority, but I would love to add a second option to my vast arsenal of a window. (And I wouldn't complain if it had you wanted to throw a few bolts into the texture around the circumference or something, but now I'm just getting greedy.)

Either way, thanks mate. =)

Edited by little square dot

Devo,

I am looking for landing gear (larger than 'stock' but not tooo crazy big) for some ships that i am building. I have not found much that will work, and just wanted to see if you had any 'spare parts' that might have some more choices than what is out there....??????

your stuff is rock solid and causes much enjoyment. thanks and keep up the great work.

Ah, you just answered the question I was about to ask: I'm desperate for some new/better landing legs! I knew you were working on some, so I thought I'd pop in with a quick note. But as you say they're pretty much done I suppose that I can look forward to your parts sometime soon. :)

Keep up the great work! :D

thanks, yes they are due for release any day now, the plugin is being polished and buffed.

I have been having problems with the VTOL functionality of the Pegasus. I am usually very good with VTOL's considering they are just a lander with wings, but I have problems with this one. With no changes to the stock version included, I can't seem to take it off like you do. Most of the time with full up RCS she still noses over into the ground. I have tried putting the rotatrons at different angles so that the engines face back a little but, to no avail. Using cargo and extra wings and RCS thrusters I managed to balance the mass with the lift, but it is such a pain to fly the way that I have to. Any suggestions or help would be nice, for I am at a loss.

Thanks,

Marscommander

All I can suggest is making sure your center of lift is as close or is the same spot as your center of mass. This ship also does need those two small winglets on either side of the rear engines - otherwise you get all sorts of issues.

And also - DO NOT and I repeat do not place any winglets on the VTOL engines... when you rotate them it will throw the aerodynamics off and you will start eating dirt lol... trust me. As you can see from my videos, I don't do anything unusual, I use a bit of RCS to keep the nose up and just the VTOL's to take off, which are powerful enough to dead stop you from 100ms to 0 in 0.5 seconds on retrofire.

What's up Devo.

First off, let me say thank-you for the place-anywhere-windows. I've been using those things like mad since they were first released... .17 or .18 if memory serves... which it usually doesn't, but regardless, next to struts, batteries and fuel tanks, I would say that I've placed more of those loveable little glow-y non-square dots than any other part, and they have worked wonders in giving life to otherwise dingy ships and bases.

Such a simple part, but an absolute essential in my opinion. My only complaint is the massive memory footpri... oh, right... they're freaking tiny.

So in a nutshell, the addition of the windows has allowed for a much more immersive, non-gloomy gaming experience, at the non-expense of excellent performance.

Sounds like a win-non-lose to me.

In short, cheers! =)

Now for part 2; a request. [//embarrassed emoticon placeholder]

The backs of the windows are slanted inwards, decreasing the profile on the side that attaches to the ship/structure, which makes sense in many scenarios, so I'm not looking to replace this version, however I've found that many add-ons (and stock parts for that matter) haven't been fully refined, and there are times that the backs of the windows can't reach the surfaces that I am trying to attach them to, or that the windows stick out far enough that the angle of the back half is far too obvious and quite the opposite of the angle that actual port holes would have on the rear side.

So, my request is for a second iteration of my beloved window (I only use the yellow one), with a slightly elongated rear-end that is a touch fatter at the back than at the front.

I would offer you my first-born child in exchange, but he already exists, so that's one empty promise that I just can't keep.

...and believe me, I'm not blowing sunshine up your butt in an effort to get a part out of it. I recently developed a whole new appreciation for the window when I began a new game determined to keep it stock, but after setting up a moon base that looked far too lifeless, I caved and allowed the lil' guy an exclusive position in the cool group.

I will survive without a 2nd gen window, and I definitely wouldn't expect it to be a priority, but I would love to add a second option to my vast arsenal of a window. (And I wouldn't complain if it had you wanted to throw a few bolts into the texture around the circumference or something, but now I'm just getting greedy.)

Either way, thanks mate. =)

Ironically mate, I did not make them :) Neronix did when we were running Devronix Space Industries. After the april forum crash, neronix went AWOL and I have not seen him since, so I abandoned all those projects.

But.. the good news for you is I just found the original blender and unity files, so it wont take me long to fix them up. :)

Devo,

I am looking for landing gear (larger than 'stock' but not tooo crazy big) for some ships that i am building. I have not found much that will work, and just wanted to see if you had any 'spare parts' that might have some more choices than what is out there....??????

your stuff is rock solid and causes much enjoyment. thanks and keep up the great work.

They are coming... if the plugin is done or close to you should see them this weekend.

All sorts of legs. Big small, fancy, long, short..fat, thin...

Hi Devo, just saw your model of the WT-52 and reminded me of thistype-2-cargo-dropship-engine-details.pngtype-2-cargo-dropship-loading-arm-and-hatch-doors.png?w=300&h=225type-2-cargo-dropship-volt-angle.png?w=300&h=225images from http://freakart89.wordpress.com/tag/dropship/thought it might inspire you as it is a VTOL
Thanks, but being brutally honest it's a bit fugly, I see a small resemblance tho yeah, im not really even working on it at the moment, too much else to do this weekend. ... .... .......

http://youtu.be/AEZjzsnPhnw

I somehow cant get your Mech Pod to work.... i put everything where it should be (game data into gamedata and the ship into VAB) but it tells me it's missing all the parts...?

Anyways, awesome ships (although i cant use most of them as i cant get docking ports into the cargobays (WT-51, Pegasus) or if I can, nothing connects to them...)

Yo Devo, you froget bout me? Im one of your test pilots! You need to send me betas of your ships so I can see how they work IF they work. Im always available to test some ships!(I also need larger cargo vtols because I plan on making larger tank bases.)

I somehow cant get your Mech Pod to work.... i put everything where it should be (game data into gamedata and the ship into VAB) but it tells me it's missing all the parts...? Anyways, awesome ships (although i cant use most of them as i cant get docking ports into the cargobays (WT-51, Pegasus) or if I can, nothing connects to them...)
To be honest sounds like your KSP is corrupted or something is wrong, combined thats about 30,00 downloads and you are the first one to report that issue. A log might be helpful? tell me see if you see anything in red.As for modelling software I use blender.

Ironically mate, I did not make them :) Neronix did when we were running Devronix Space Industries. After the april forum crash, neronix went AWOL and I have not seen him since, so I abandoned all those projects.

But.. the good news for you is I just found the original blender and unity files, so it wont take me long to fix them up. :)

=D

urock.

Dude, it's cool, life happens. :) And as other people have mentioned, you guys work on these mods for free and simply because you want to, so it's not like you're on a schedule, or beholden to anyone other than yourself. Thanks for working as hard as you do, and we'll look forward to new stuff whenever it's ready for YOU to release it. It's all good. :D

Hi Devo, I've been playing about with your freelancer pod, it's really nice to have that kind of doll house effect (but in like a really manly way of course) and I was wondering if you had seen the mod that hasn't been updated or touched for some months I was pulling it about trying to understand IVA creation (I think I do understand it - I can't work out a reasonable workflow that could allow me to do one within patience tolerance however) and as I think you also like this play style I figured I'd make sure you are all over that sh&^.

I found that it's simple to get his external IVA scene into another model via some barbaric hackery and I think I may get somewhere with this path but I was wondering if you had any input as someone who had already tackled the problem of an external IVA play style and reached a good compromise?

I prolly should make a rough test pic to show I'm actually spending time on it:

vmropZu.jpg

I just tried the MechPod. Using your craft file, i just sent it up 700 meters and popped the chute open, but for some reason it tore off at full deployment, unlike your demo video.

Log says it's a structural failure between it and the main pod.

Hey Devo, I downloaded the Hyper Ring  excellent! I was able to put some attachment nodes in the right places, but I'm having an issue with the model. When I fire engines, the actually go thru the part and explode. Nasty fiery death. I know nothing about modeling; any chance you have some idea what's going on? In testing on the launch pad the engines seem to bounce up and down, as if the whole mesh were bending... I'm stumped; hoping you have a moment to help!

On board Devo's vacation-sulaco-prototype, low Eeloo orbit...

----UPLINK ESTABLISHED----

Forums: Devo, do you copy?

Devo: *radio noise*

Forums: Devo, do you COPY?

Devo: *more radio noise*

Forums: Okay, then we'll just leave a message. Our systems are back up again after the move, which was complicated by Jeb getting the "great" idea of strapping all of the servers on a booster to move them. We just want to say that people are trying to get in contact with you, something about a "Sulaco" ship and some landing legs. Forums out."

----UPLINK TERMINATED----

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.